Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thought I'd share a few pics of my upcoming mods. Check out my saabcentral project thread for the full infoz. Precision 350hp FMIC, t3/t4 hybrid, Chuck's ELH, and Paul's LH-MS adapter!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Nice parts. Now you need a Tranny that can hold that power!

Glad to see another TSL'r going the MS route.

Regards,
-James

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats alot of nice stuff....What are the specs of that turbo?
Genuine Garrett, brand new not rebuilt:
T3/T04E Hybrid
.60 A/R compressor housing
57 Trim compressor wheel
.63 A/R turbine housing
Stage III turbine wheel

Extras I went for:
360* monster thrust bearing
step-gapped oil seals
metric water cooled CHRA

It's pretty cool because the turbine housing is the new TA31 style with a 4-bolt, external WG only (no port). This supposedly makes the exhaust flow much better out of the turbo and reduces turbulence.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Nice components! Looks like you have some fun installs to do with much pay off. Just that turbo alone...and intercooler...and header..and mega-squirt? Bet you can't wait untill installs start. show pics of the process

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
nice! you will absolutely love that turbo. basically the same as mine, though with external WG.

be aware though, if attempting to modify the stock air filter to turbo piping to fit (using an oversized grommet/adapter), you will more than likely end up with flywheel cover clearance issues (as i have now).

are you using a stock bypass valve, upgraded recirculating or atmospheric?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
be aware though, if attempting to modify the stock air filter to turbo piping to fit (using an oversized grommet/adapter), you will more than likely end up with flywheel cover clearance issues (as i have now).
I already swapped it out with a custom intake pipe because my turbonetics is also a 3" intake.

are you using a stock bypass valve, upgraded recirculating or atmospheric?
HKS SSQV on the chargepipe.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
heh, yeah, the OD of the turbo inlet is the same OD of the stock filter to turbo pipe. i have ended up with a piece of aluminum intake pipe off a Volvo inside the stock grommet to give me something to clamp the section of Dodge pickup intake grommet to. it's not purty but it works.

i would love to hear what you think of the turbo with the stock exhaust manifold, then again with the equal length header. i figure that is asking a bit much.

my turbo spools around 4k. i get boost below that but it doesn't really spool up until then. Palmer said that his turbo seems to spool a few hundred rpm sooner so i was curious about what the header might do for me.

IronJoe, you have everything together that i need or want to do to my car. intercooler, headers, MS. you will have fun!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i would love to hear what you think of the turbo with the stock exhaust manifold, then again with the equal length header. i figure that is asking a bit much.
Yeah... not gonna happen haha. The stock manifold is coming out today and it'll stay that way.

Got a link to the sc thread?

Looks like you got some nice stuff :)
Whoops, sorry I missed this before. Here's the thread, rather light reading at a mere 28 pages.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84713

I made a habit of editing the first post with the latest info, until we got locked out of editing too-old posts :( Now you gotta read the last couple of pages.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Yeah... not gonna happen haha. The stock manifold is coming out today and it'll stay that way.
hehe, i figured. there is no way i would have installed my turbo on a stock manifold if i had an ELH on hand

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

Whoops, sorry I missed this before. Here's the thread, rather light reading at a mere 28 pages.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84713

I made a habit of editing the first post with the latest info, until we got locked out of editing too-old posts :( Now you gotta read the last couple of pages.
IronJoe you've got an amazing project going on there, kudos to you. Keep it up and keep posting those pictures.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks adshaft. Per your request:

turbonetics is out.

test fitting the FMIC:

Problem with header (flange on backwards):

Drilled & tapped compressor housing:

I'll be slotting the top hole in the header today, and installing it. Then I'll bolt up the turbo in order to start welding up the DP.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet.... What are you doing with the turbonetics?
Selling it as a package with the DP. To Amish, unless the DP doesn't clear the new header (he bought one too). If it doesn't, then it's back to first come first serve.

I'm going to check the clearance of the DP as soon as I slot the center hole in the header. At that point I'll be sure whether or not this will work with Amish's setup.

Feeler thread here:
http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23831

1 - 20 of 165 Posts