Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grrr...well my turbo exploded in my driveway yesterday...trying to track down a vacuum leak in the Crank Vent system and like a complete moron I pulled the crank case hose off (main hose going to the cam cover) and checked for suction by putting my hand over the hose...it sucks real good ! "yeah" I did :p...1 section later the engine started to stall out and the turbo blew oil all over the driveway and James Bond smoke screen blew out the back...I guess that turbo was waiting for someone to kill it...good news is I pulled the turbo out in 2 hours and have a 2006 TD04 with 30K miles on it coming UPS.

That goes down as the top idiot thing I have done to a car in many years :D

Im just hoping they are sending me all the oil lines and coolent lines from the new turbo, as well as the smaller banjo bolts...do the recycle yards ever listed or will I get a turbo with broken stud bolts and a hack job yard pull ?

Mint condition turbo for sale...hah!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Interesting, I dont see how pulling the PCV hose out of the vavle cover while running the car would cause the turbo to finally go.

I mean...I can, but in a very awkward way.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
The PCV system is just to suck out over pressure gasses from the valve cover. It shouldn't be sucking out globs of oil. It doesn't suck oil into the turbo to keep it lubricated.

Unless I am misunderstanding you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have done a TD04 conversion before...I usually use the larger washers and smaller banjo bolts...Im not going to tune it until I add a few more things...

I have no idea to tell you the truth...I stuck my hand over the crank case hose and all the sudden the engine started coughing and the turbo whined like it was running dry and then oil blew out the exhaust end and smoke started blowing out the tailpipe (white smoke)...other than blowing a head gasket (which makes no sense) I started the car back up and it would not run again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts