Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just got my t25 back in a couple days ago, finished buttoning up the coolant system today, added coolant through the tank to check for leaks and lo and behold...I had some. The line that meets the block right above the CPS was leaking (lower?) but I got that cranked down and it quit. The upper line is leaking where the line meets the turbo...just a little bit, enough that it runs down the oil return line and drips....very slowly. I have that banjo cranked down as tight as I can, and I used new copper crush washers everywhere...what's the deal here? Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What size washers did you use? They may not be centered properly, which would cause some slight leaking. And you have the washers on both sides of the banjo?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Firstly - do not over tighten as this will squish the washer too much and probably put gouges into them. Secondly - are they the right seals? Fit the banjo bolt nicely? And as said above - are they installed properly? Did you clean the old banjo bolts? Often they get corroded and will not seat right unless cleaned.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using m12 and m14 washers...cleaned the bolts up well prior to reinstall...the od doesn't match the old ones...these are just generic copper washers from Autozone. Got one on both sides...I'm guessing the centering is off a little bit...any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
your probably going to have to go to a junkyard for that or make a s.s. line. whats your location?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Is it the actual pipe that's leaking, or just the washer/bolt?
Banjo bolts and washers are cheap on ebay as stated. just make sure you drill the hole to the correct size before you fire it up.

If it's the line, just buy a stainless line from summit and the correct banjo bolts.
All-tolled, it'll be about $50 for quality stuff, but if the pipe is cracked/rotted, you'll want to fix it the right way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.