Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my baby after a clay treatment, a nice bath, and a coat of Meguiar's NXT generation wax... she's no Viggen but I still love her just the same and like to show her off. :wink:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, I drive an auto. (AND PROUD OF IT!)

well, sort of.
:wink:

it is nice that the car doesn't dump boost between gears, and it's also super easy to drive in the snow with "winter" transmission mode.

Sport mode makes it very fun, also.

I am super picky, and i had to have black with black/charcoal interior, no other color combo would do. The dealer searched all over the east coast for me and could only find those colors in Auto. So I had "no choice". :lol: It was a very popular color combo and i was picking up the car as the new 9-3 ss were coming in, so there wasn't muchleft to pick from....

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
You drive in the winter in winter mode all the time? I thought it was only for getting you out of tough spots, and not to be on the whole time...

And yes indeed Sport Mode is awesome! I never drive without it...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, not all the time. just like when it's really crappy, I like to use it when i am at a dead stop, to get going without sliding all over the place, or to travel down a really bad unplowed street or something. Once i get going i switch back to normal.... Studded nokian Hakkapeliita 2's help quite a bit, too. :wink:

they don't plow much around here, the driving conitions get pretty scary even on main roads. Sometimes i am in winter mode longer than i "probably" should be, but usually that only happens it is so bad out that i am not going more than 25 mph anyways....

·
Registered
273 Posts
nice job!

Wicked nice job! black always cleans up very nice. Hot rims, i had those on my Aero wagon, def my fav. saab rim, awesome choice!
Matt (Viggenit)
01 Viggen

·
Registered
273 Posts
owned too many to count...

i have owned a fair amount of black cars including a black range rover which i took off road countless times, didn't take a whole lot to make them shine as long as you keep up on waxing and washing.
matt
01 vig

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was a die hard black car owner for years
-including
1986 1/2 porche 944 Turbo(aka 951)
black on black

1991 Toyota MR2
black on black

1996 BMW 318TI
black on black

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 limited
Dark Slate(as close to black as you could get on the 5.9) on black

~1989 ford ranger pickup(echem.... don't tell anyone... first car, everyones gotta start somewhere right?)
black on black

the black definately cleans up nice, yeah, I had to wash them like every 30 seconds, but they definately reward you with SHINE when you do....

for now, livin it up with my 01 Laser RED VIGGEN....

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so is this just my luck AGAIN?

Last week, I got pooped on from above by the biggest pigeon I ever saw. And bog pigeions take big shits. i can laugh about this now that it is old news.

Well, This weekend I spent a solid 6 to 8 hours washing, claying, rewashing, waxing, and detailing my car, cleaning allthe glass thouroughly inside and out, and cleaning/detailing the interior. As you can see from the pics above i was very proud of my hard work and hoped it would last at least a week or two!

So I go out to the parking garage to go home from work last night to see some F*[email protected]%#+ [email protected]%$#!& had opened a can of soda or something, right near my car, and there is a big giant bunch of some sort of sticky syrup type crap all over my hood.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i am guessing that's what it is, like the can was in the heat, or shaken up and it shot out everywhere when opened. it is sticky and syrupy and brown. of course, I have no idea who/why/when, so all i can do is hope for them to receive bad karma. :cry:

I hate people like that. just like last time i spent all day detailing my car, i got out in a parking lot and i had purposely parked way far from the other cars, to avoid dings and keep it clean for at least a few days. Some old ass lady pulls up and out of all the spots in a very empty lot, she parks right next to my car, about 2 inches away so when she opens the door it rubs mine. this is EXACTLY WHY i parked no where near anyone else, to avoid door dings. then she proceeds to get out and light a cigarette and LEAN AGAINST my car. i yelled at her and made her go away. the reviets in her jeans would have scratched the paint if i had let her stay there. there was a big ol' ass-print on my door from her greasy ass, too.

Is everyone out to get me or something? or is this like a cosmic test of my patience? :roll:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Dude, that sucks! :shock: :shock:
I ALWAYS park away from everyone for that same reason. We think alike. As most Saab owners probably do :D But lately you have been having some damn bad kharma huh...With the maptun experience, and the bird last week, and now this...Damn...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Since we're on tha topic of black cars and detailing.... i just "clayed" my hood today. Looks a bit better - but boy does it take time. So here's the hood shots! I''ll be making a new thread in the 9000 section of my 9000 shortly - so look for it!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Not too bad for a 16 year old car with now 281,000 miles and original paint - and it was a New Jersey car too!! (thus why there are still paint chips....)

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BurnsSide42 said:
Since we're on tha topic of black cars and detailing.... i just "clayed" my hood today.
nice job. I can really see the difference in the photos. It takes a bit of extra time, but it's worth it and you don't need to do it every week or anything! probably every 6 months or so...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rcmdesign said:
Dude, that sucks! :shock: :shock:
I ALWAYS park away from everyone for that same reason. We think alike. As most Saab owners probably do :D But lately you have been having some damn bad kharma huh...With the maptun experience, and the bird last week, and now this...Damn...
yes, i have been getting the shaft lately.

I will tell you how badly my maptun experience is going in the thread i started about that.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

at least my car LOOKED good for a few days...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Clean pics man, yeah I hate it too when birds take a shit on my car..... wtf? LOL. Thats too funny man. Yeah I drive in winter mode a lot, only when theres a lot of snow, you feel way more comfortable with it. Stupid ppl who use cars as a cup holder :x next time you see that guy, put a can of pop on his car. So you painting the calipers? I think red is an awsome choice. Keep em clean.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, I was thinking red. I need some color on my car, mostly everything is black and silver.

The red would pick up some of the red in the taillights, and there is some red on some of the components on my roof rack...plus it is a subtle bit of aggressiveness to have the calipers in that color.

I had also thought of getting "turbo" stenciled on them, but it looks like there may not be a big enough flat area for that. Maybe sometime in the future there will be a big brake kit, who knows?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally got around to detailing the outside. it has been way too humid and hot to spend 4+ hours in the sun. this weekend was nice though. so here are the pics.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here is more. I used mcguiars insane tire shine, it is really great. pics do not do it justice. also mcguiars tech polymer wax.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
It seems like your front corner lights are more white than clear. Maybe its just me. Nice pictures though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts