Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i have the stock t25 and have been given the td05-15b off of the evo 3 jspec motor, i was wondering if this could bolt up with parts from a b234 engine block (such as the exhaust manafold, oil lines etc.) im thining of installing it with a 3inch downpipe and doing custom inlet pipe as well as intercooler piping but the exhust manifold and oil lines are my main concern if any body has any knowledge to share or pointers or things that i may have overlooked
thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i would eventually like to be at 350 to 400hp but this spring , when i would be buying and installing the parts (dp, turbo, forge fmic, and ecu) i want to be stage 4 so about 290hp, i also actually received the turbo now and found out that it is the td05h, originally he told me it was the td05-15b so idk if this changes anything, ik for sure that is is off of the Evo III motor that he purchased from japan and then dropped a gt30r in so he had this lying around and decided to give it to me for cheap, so if i can use it i would like to but if it is gonna be way too much work for too little of a gain than ill just forget it and go a different route for the turbo,
let me know what you guys think, thanks for the imput

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
so if i can use it i would like to but if it is gonna be way too much work for too little of a gain than ill just forget it and go a different route for the turbo,
It would be a lot of work creating custom piping, I am not sure if the exhaust flange would match up, my guess would be no.

I say get a TD04-15T ^6cm from a 9k Aero, but a TD04 from a 00-02 9-3 or viggen would be second choice. You could hit 290hp with a stage 4, but you could also upgrade the TD04 to 19T (if you have the Aero, 18T if you have the other TD04, I believe). If you upgrade, you could make further HP. If you want to make 350 - 400 the easiest way possible, drop a Holset in.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
If you are looking for that power, don't get anything Saab. Go Holset or Garrett. If you don't want to do much fab work then get your current T25 upgraded to a T28 and make about 300whp.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
At those power levels Saab's can be quite a handful (heck it can be at Staged Tune Levels). Consider having your transmission setup via a good rebuild along w/ the usual suspects, a LSD at that point will help greatly too (Contact GS about that end of things.). Don't forget about suspension and bracing. You will get much more out of your car that way in total then just dropping in HUGE power w/o those mods too.

I agree a non-Saab turbo for those kind of goals is best.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i just want to make sure that there really isnt much of a chance of this td05h fitting? am i mistaken that this is bigger than the td04? and when you guys say that its gonna be too much fab work, what do u mean? like what would need to be fabricated?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
so I searched a little but what is clipping a turbo exactly?
Clipping is a band-aid for having a small sized turbine section with a high-flowing compressor side. There are some benefits (lower egts and a little better top end) but it will also cause a tad slower spool/lag in the lower rpms. There are also different degrees of clipping as well. So if you are going with say a 19t then it's pretty much a no brainer to get a clip.
Clocking is easy and all you do is bend the wastegate rod.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i think that since it requires reclocking ill be just getting rid of the turbo and buy a td04 from a 9000 or something
Honestly, if you're planning on going for more power in the end, stopping midway first with a TD04 is a waste of money. Buying the turbo, probably some injectors, getting a downpipe made - all of this and more you're gonna end up doing twice. I was on a strict budget and so, financially, it made no sense for me to go up stage by stage. If money's not an issue, then go for the stage 4 but if you're seriously planning on going big in the future, I'd skip to that step.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts