Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been given this link for a tubular manifold and am trying to find some more info about it before parting with any cash :) Has anyone on here bought one and what are they like? I was going to go down the Maptun route but just cant afford it :(

Saab 9000 grenrr 'Extreme' TD04 flns

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Save your $.
Is it not worth getting one then? I thought with a GT3076R fitted a tubular would give some decent power/torque gains and might reduce the spool up time on a bigger turbo? I was going to fit one to the GT28RS but from what people said I'd be looking at around 10 (ish) bhp increase so I left it. The cars at 450bhp now and I thought a tubular should see me to 500 with a remap?

The price comes out as $671 to the states but not sure if you'll get stung with the import tax?

Back here its £393 shipped ($632) So close to 1/2 the price of the Maptun one at £719 ($1,156)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
your best bet Id say outside of the maptun one would be to have a shop make a custom one off for you

·
Registered
669 Posts
Try having a chat with Nick at Genuine Saab.

Phone 417.831.SAAB
Fax 417.831.4722
Toll Free 866.499.1068

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just had a reply from one of the local exhaust shops and he's come back with £690 ($1,109) for any design, vat and fitted! Pretty happy with that price considering the Maptun one is £719 ($1,156) alone...plus a few hundred to get it fitted.

Just need to decide on what style now! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I like the design from maptun, a taller header that can have a proper collector

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi. Yeah I'm pretty keen on that style...plus it gives you plenty of space to adjust the actuator! Mine takes ages to adjust on this standard one!

Whats the thoughts on what diameter to go for the runners? I'm a little concerned about making it even more laggy than it currently is. Not too concerned about 150+mph speeds!! But would like it a little more responsive at say 50 in 3rd! Not much go in 3rd unless its at around 65!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Is this going to be paired with the GT3076R in your sig or a td04? If it is a td04, you're not going to see any gains until your exhaust a/r is at least that of a 19T or more.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is this going to be paired with the GT3076R in your sig or a td04? If it is a td04, you're not going to see any gains until your exhaust a/r is at least that of a 19T or more.
Hi its with the GT3076R mate.

·
Registered
669 Posts
just saying its going to be a hell of alot of work to use the top mount on a 9k.
Only if you don't want to get rid of the A/C which, I guess, would be "a hell of a lot of work...."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Luckily though, Taliaferro is on it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts