Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. My new to me winter C900 lasted all of a month. Driving down the interstate and heard the worst noise I've ever heard a car make. Not 100% sure what caused the chain of events but the transmission is empty of fluid, all on the road, and has effectively welded itself shut.

I really don't want to have to part this car out but what's it going to take? Where would I go about trying to find a used C900 tranny and how difficult of a job is it to swap a tranny in these cars? Weighing out my options over whether it's worth it at all or if I should just strip her of whatever dignity is left and sell as parts.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Go to a junk yard, or pick up a parts car for dirt cheap. If it was an automatic, now might be an ideal time to do a automatic to 5-speed tranny swap. Sorry to hear about this man!! Hope you figure out the best!!

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Yeah, that will happen.

"hamradio" has swapped a few trannies (lol) and he's in your neck of the woods, right?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's already a 5 speed, was gonna call meyer today, we've dealt with them a lot before and figured they would lend some insight. I'll have to see if I can get ahold of hammy, I see him in the halls of school all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts