Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Minnesota (Minneapolis) this week and met up with saab4life (AJ). Man this guy's car is NIIIICE...AJ, you need to take more pics man.

Anyways, I was following them out to go racing and while shifting suddenly....I found the shifter stuck in Neutral. I couldnt get to any gears at all. So I had it towed back to my friends house where I was staying.

Now I either have to figure out whats going on, or go ahead and replace they tranny in it.

Anyone know what it might be?

PS. Hopefully I can get it fixed in time for May 8th :shock:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I’ve had this happen to me. It’s an expensive fix but you do not need a new tranny. The internal shift linkage inside the tranny is bent. It will cost about $350 to fix it. But the big expense is removing and reinstalling the tranny. The worst part is finding someone who will fix a Saab tranny and getting it to them.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i may as well go ahead and get the tranny rebuilt considering its making a whining noise, the 3rd gear synchro is going out, and now its locked up...just seems like its about time.

Hopefully I can find someone in Minnesota who can do this.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha, good luck, there isn't much out there

i too hope you will be good to go for may 8th dude, it'd suck not to have you there

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha tweek, funny funny. you know, when we all gonna meet, dude, it's gonna be so fricken awesome, i'm like all jumpy and happy now, lol

~justin

·
7,595 Posts
hmm take it from someone who knows... if you got a whining noise (failing bearings), the 3rd gear synchro is going out ($$$ parts), and now its locked up (sounds like bent or broken shift forks). you don't need a "rebuild" you probably need an entire new or rebuilt unit from somewhere. when a trans gets to a certain point, the cost of rebuild will be higher than getting a new unit. from the sound of it, you may be at that stage :(

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aight, aight...here's the deal.

I got the tranny ordered used ($550 with only 31k miles), and they shipped it up to Minnesota where it was installed.

Now all I have to do is get a ride this weekend back up there from here in Iowa to pick it up :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts