Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm fucked. I was partaking in an activity I should not have, and this is the results. Broken transmission #2! it happened like this... I hit the gas all the way, 1st fine, 2nd fine, 3rd, as soon as I was on the gas and the boost passed 14, a large boom followed by grindy jingely sound :( ... Result, No reverse drive, no 3rd no 5th. It looks like I stripped that ENTIRE cluster. if I try for 3rd, it makes my front wheels lock up :( well this sucks, but at least it only takes me a weekend to change a 900 tranny... trouble is I need to find a good one now. I guess it's just what I get with my rotten luck

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
sorry man, good luck puttin her back together

at least the honda lost :lol:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
ya see - things like that you just shouldn't say. It's like telling your friends ya slept with a really ugly chick - ya just don't do that sorta thing LMAO (i'm joking-kinda)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Where exactly can people get their transmissions rebuilt. Mine is about to go void, and I need to get it rebuilt.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I feel your pain. I also am on gearbox numero dos. I got a good used box and am cleaning it up in prep for going back into my car over spring break. Good luck finding a replacement...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Im on tranny number 7....but 20 psi will do that

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
well DeLorean will be pulling the current one soon and dropping in the next one soon.... :roll: :shock: I really do think that if one has taken out more then 4 transmissions in the course of say - 2 years, perhaps you shouldn't keep buying used... just spend the money and get one custom built!! It would be worth the cash.... :roll: :evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts