Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after some research, I've determined that I'm due for a transmission mount. I get a clunk on accel from the general area that its in, and everything else in that area is either tight or fairly new. Anyway, I have another on the way, and going to try to tackle it this weekend. Any tips for me? I've done motor and trans mounts on other vehicles, just not this one, so I have a general idea. What all needs to be pulled out of the way to really access it properly?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Easy job, the way I did it was to put the car on ramps, remove the plastic shield under the bumper, slide a jack under the trans and give it a few pumps to take the weight, unbolt mount, put new mount in, put everything back together. Don't forget a little thread locker on the bolts.

Chris

·
10,303 Posts
I don't even think you really need to lift the car. I used the pdf instructions on Genuinesaab.com for the poly one, but any one should be the same install/remove.

Def need a jack to keep the gearbox supported tho.

·
Registered
859 Posts
any chance do you now the size of the 4 bolts that are used to hold the transmission mount the the transmission and frame

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't even think you really need to lift the car. I used the pdf instructions on Genuinesaab.com for the poly one, but any one should be the same install/remove.

Def need a jack to keep the gearbox supported tho.
Thanks, I'll give them a look again. I'd seen the pdf, but I always prefer to ask a real person in addition so I can be sure.

2legit, I have no idea what size. Haven't gotten the mount in yet, waiting on fedex.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I think the old mount was the cause of all that racket under the hood. The damn thing fell out in two pieces when I got it loose. Talk about trashed, that thing was probably broken for over a year. As was stated, didn't need to lift the car. I just laid in the driveway and lifted the driver side a couple inches, just so I could have more room. Wasn't terrible, although space is tight for taking out the bolts that hold the mount to the trans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.