Saab Link Forums banner

Totaled??

2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  TunnanXWD 
#1 ·
1996 Aero. 5-speed, 222k.

See less See more
#4 ·
Ouch:-(
It looks repairable to me, assuming the C-pillar and structural bits aren't bent.
But it's likely the insurance numbers will call it totaled.

#16 ·
yeah, they cut me a measly check that's about 2/3 of the way toward replacing the car, and claimed that other previous "damage" is the reason that the number is where it is. Both bumpers had cracks, windshield was cracked, the hood had paint chips, etc.

The Nationwide guy (other party's company) basically said "this is what it is, I've been doing this for 30 years, if I'm off, I'm off by 10% max. Here are your options. 1) take the check and cash it. 2) go pay for an independant appraisal, submit it to 1(800)Nationwide for appeal, where it will get lost 5 times, ignored twice, then rejected, 3)File an official complaint against me and this adjustment, or 4) see #1.
Could I fight it, cause a stink, etc? Sure...I'm sure after months of haggling and beating my head against the wall, I could get another grand. Is that worth it to me? Unfortunately, not at this point.

I've just got an overall REAL bad taste in my mouth about the whole ordeal. Yeah, its a 14 year old car with 222,000 miles, and has seen some hot suppers, but for the last 6 years / 70,000 miles of ownership, I've put on 2 CV shafts, one set of rotors & pads, and cleaned the IAC. That's IT. The trolls built this car EXCESSIVELY well, and I owe them a real big Thank You. It's started every morning whether its -30 or 100*. Both of my boys came home from the hospital in the car when they were born, and its driven all over the country without skipping a beat.

That's the stuff that you just can't put a price on, and that insurance companies just plain old aren't in the business of caring about.

It is what it is......

#17 ·
The Nationwide guy (other party's company) basically said "this is what it is, I've been doing this for 30 years, if I'm off, I'm off by 10% max. Here are your options. 1) take the check and cash it. 2) go pay for an independant appraisal, submit it to 1(800)Nationwide for appeal, where it will get lost 5 times, ignored twice, then rejected, 3)File an official complaint against me and this adjustment, or 4) see #1.
Was the guy really that whitty or did you add some of that "Kidder" sense of humor to an otherwise sad situation?

#23 ·
Oh! Have some fun with this. Start filing claims just for grins and make them make their Caddy payments.

You want to roll over and play dead like a little girl that sir .. I mean, Namby Candy Ass, that is your business and it's a free country.

Of course it wouldn't be free if we all just rolled over like you did now would we? That is just what King George was counting on.

:rolleyes:

Actually make them work and even though there is probably some suck .. clause in there about the check sealing the deal what the heck.

When a guy totaled my car they sent a Hooters girl to go all low cut and showing major cleavage. Her act pizzed me off so bad that I collected for the new shocks, springs, as well as the tax. I had a friendly adviser at our insurance company tell me the game first so I was waiting.

Send in a few claims that are within reason. You should have collected for the tax and that is a good point since you should not have been buying a car in the first place now should you? I assume VT has a tax: in my case it was like $700 or so dollars.

Showing your rack to me especially when I know it's just to get me tripping on my schlong is one way to really piss me off. :shock::mrgreen:

#28 ·
Same thing happened when I went to look at the new Toyota FJ and I had my 11 year old son with me. Yeah, she was wearing a thong and showed it as she bent to "caress" the optional wheels and then the optional trailer hitch.

Pretty bad when you have a small kid with you. Then she wanted me to "bid" the car and the high bidder in two weeks would get it.

Yeah right. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.