Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ouch:-(
It looks repairable to me, assuming the C-pillar and structural bits aren't bent.
But it's likely the insurance numbers will call it totaled.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Damn, looks like you got poked by something sharp and pointy.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
dude that sucks!! looks repairable, I would repair it at my own cost even if it was totaled. But you can still drive it like that right? Wouldn't want to but it didn't do anything major structurally?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Most likely totaled at that age and mileage. If I were you, I'd pocket the insurance money (assuming it wasn't your fault), fix it myself, and continue to drive it. I miss my old silver 9000 Aero!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:( So does that mean you are getting anything for it from the insurance company?
yeah, they cut me a measly check that's about 2/3 of the way toward replacing the car, and claimed that other previous "damage" is the reason that the number is where it is. Both bumpers had cracks, windshield was cracked, the hood had paint chips, etc.

The Nationwide guy (other party's company) basically said "this is what it is, I've been doing this for 30 years, if I'm off, I'm off by 10% max. Here are your options. 1) take the check and cash it. 2) go pay for an independant appraisal, submit it to 1(800)Nationwide for appeal, where it will get lost 5 times, ignored twice, then rejected, 3)File an official complaint against me and this adjustment, or 4) see #1.
Could I fight it, cause a stink, etc? Sure...I'm sure after months of haggling and beating my head against the wall, I could get another grand. Is that worth it to me? Unfortunately, not at this point.

I've just got an overall REAL bad taste in my mouth about the whole ordeal. Yeah, its a 14 year old car with 222,000 miles, and has seen some hot suppers, but for the last 6 years / 70,000 miles of ownership, I've put on 2 CV shafts, one set of rotors & pads, and cleaned the IAC. That's IT. The trolls built this car EXCESSIVELY well, and I owe them a real big Thank You. It's started every morning whether its -30 or 100*. Both of my boys came home from the hospital in the car when they were born, and its driven all over the country without skipping a beat.

That's the stuff that you just can't put a price on, and that insurance companies just plain old aren't in the business of caring about.

It is what it is......

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The Nationwide guy (other party's company) basically said "this is what it is, I've been doing this for 30 years, if I'm off, I'm off by 10% max. Here are your options. 1) take the check and cash it. 2) go pay for an independant appraisal, submit it to 1(800)Nationwide for appeal, where it will get lost 5 times, ignored twice, then rejected, 3)File an official complaint against me and this adjustment, or 4) see #1.
Was the guy really that whitty or did you add some of that "Kidder" sense of humor to an otherwise sad situation?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
He was as serious as a heart attack. My words are the humored version of the conversation.
That's what I thought.

When my car had it's hail attack, the guy from the insurance company drove up with a Cadillac SRX (I think that's what it was). I said to him, "Wow! Saving the insurance companies money kind of pays off doesn't it?" Dead silence was his response.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts