Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hmmm, $2500 is a little high IMO. LB Viggens can be bought for $4500-$6500 in fair/good condition depending on circumstances. This car, you'd need a new rear quarter panel, new door, paint down the whole right side, etc. And you can't really tell in the pics, but trunk floor and other parts of the unibody may be bent. If someone knows how to do body work and is comfortable replacing a quarter panel, it'd be a good car to pick up. Otherwise, I'd stay as far away as possible.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
2500 does seam quite high seeing as he also is getting paid by the insurance company.

Damaged good are damaged goods. 1500 at most.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
That car will still only be worth $2500 after you've spent probably that much again to fix it. Nobody wants a car with a salvage title--even if it is a Vig. Not worth that much unless you feel your life isn't complete without an LB Vig and you plan to keep the car for ever. My $.02

One other point. If the insurance company is totaling that car for that much damage, you have the wrong insurance co.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm really curious if the thieves got the Alaska one running to drive it with the cylinder removed - that's not a small job, and it looks like they did it without removing the shifter housing / center console. Must have ram-rodded it out.

I'm not sure I could even do that, especially pumped up from all the adrenaline (and meth or whatever).

HOW DAMN MANY LB Viggens would there be in Anchorage in the first place?!?!?

I swear, I'm really glad some people help us all out by removing themselves from the gene pool.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Apparently nobody thought to combine the good parts off the one with the busted side with the one that has less body damage. Then you have one solid body. Of course nobody wants a bent viggen, that's just stupid. For the right price, it would be worth it.

Only problem is the distance, which makes it not worth it. However, you could take the viggen bits off the one with the bad quarter and put it in your 9-3 and have a viggen clone. There's a thought.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
"High performance engine and suspension"

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
now wouldn't that be a great LeMons car

Wouldn't even have to fix the body to hit the track :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I called the guy that has the one with side damage and hes got a few people looking at it but hopefully I can get it once I get off work... Slap a door on it and drive it like I stole it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts