Saab Link Forums banner

"Top mount" Holset w/m build

59K views 399 replies 79 participants last post by  Tap804 
#1 · (Edited)
i finally have everything ready to do the swap.. and ready to show everyone what the next step im taking is
i should be underway this week (that means my TD04 will be up for sale)
all i will need then is to wait for the tune and w/m kit
yay unnecessary amount of power!!

See less See more
#9 ·
Whoa.

Did you find a spacer for the header?
ya i bought it from GS :neutral:

BB?

looks sweet, cant wait to see the results!
yes it is a bb, cant wait to see either

Go with the smaller exhaust housing I have the.86 and it hits boost hard at 4500 I hear, with the .63 you can build boost around 2500 -3000 both on 2.3 motors
i have had the turbo for some time now so i cant go smaller now
i wanted the .86 for the later spool just so i dont have to worry about too much low end and so it can be driven daily a lil more easily (at least i hope it will be that way)

#12 ·
i couldnt find one of my normal banjo bolts that goes there so i asked one of the other techs if they had a spare in their box
thats when cedric (vw/audi tech) opened up his tool box and handed that over off his old 1.8t

#33 ·
The problem with running meth is if your at full boost and suddenly the meth cuts out, either do to some failure or the tank runs empty, the engine turns into a hand grenade. This is assuming you're going to take full advantage of the timing advance that meth allows you to run.

#22 ·
I do, I had that exact set-up, get it set up with the 375ml nozzle and have it come on at 10-15psi and reach 100% by 22psi and you should be good. Set pump to about 150psi and then place nozzle about 5-7" in front of TB,

John

#29 ·
I got it to fit no problem with a Rubber 2.75" short radi elbow, had it on the ng900 with ac and stock coolant lines. I did have to use the 2.75" inlet compressor housing, just like on the gt3071wg and it fit no problem. You have to use rubber elbow, silicone will colapse under suction, ask me how I know this:cool:

John

#32 ·
Nice build man but I have a question about that valve cover. Did it take the Early "Narrow" rubber slap guide or the later "Wide" rubber chain slap guide? The problem is with the Narrow guide. If you can wiggle the stamped sheet metal insert that is rived to the valve cover, "Like its Kinda loose" then I wouldn't use that cover. The guide changed to the wider one around 89 because the old valve covers used to drop the guide in the chain blowing everthing up. I had one the other day on an 88 c900 that had come loose so I updated the cover to a later one. I hadn't seen that in a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.