Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Can we try that race again with a different driver please? I mean that is just sad that we lost to a civic's time. I did enjoy his face though when he punched it in 2nd. I felt the same way :D the first time I tried it. The whole track thing was crap though absolute crap. That driver is fired, cut from the listed, never to be employeed again, finito. Hell my 9-5 is only 240 and i'll bet that time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
someone needs to tell that driver that your are supposed to brake before you enter the corner not during it. it was like he was using the e brake. i love it how the guy in the 9-5 looks at the camera and talks and waves his arms around while he is driving

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just watched the 9-3 one. Man they just hammer it with insults don't they. Only thing they like is the car cleans the air that comes into it. I guess after watching these two videos all I can conclude is that a select number of people in the world know the secrets of Saab and everyone else just stares and wonders what the hell that secret is.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
These links didn't work for me. I'd really like to see the vids. Can somebody update? Tweek?

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am uploading both to our archives, I will fix the links when the files are approved. :roll:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
you know, he really does compliment the 9-5 on the second gear pull, which we all know that we like so very very much (dont pretend you dont)

and they were beating on it and expecting it to handle like a rear wheel drive car, which it doesnt, driving a front wheel drive car, you enter corners a little differently, which they werent doing. The driver kept expecting the rear end to slide out, and he was purposely overstearing so it would, and yet it didnt. If the driver backed off on his steering inputs, that time would have been much much lower...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Ahhhh.... the second gear pull.... definately puts a smile on my face. Though I am starting to think it's too slow. :(

As for the handling, I think the 9-5 does fine. It's a bit floaty on bumps, but for something the size of an Accord, it sure can take corners. For example, you know those highway offramps that loop around? My car has taken one at 65mph with no understeer or squeal. 8)

Of course, the Toyo Proxes 4's sure help. The oem Michelins suck.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
aero1116 said:
Ahhhh.... the second gear pull.... definately puts a smile on my face. Though I am starting to think it's too slow. :(

As for the handling, I think the 9-5 does fine. It's a bit floaty on bumps, but for something the size of an Accord, it sure can take corners. For example, you know those highway offramps that loop around? My car has taken one at 65mph with no understeer or squeal. 8)

Of course, the Toyo Proxes 4's sure help. The oem Michelins suck.
yeah it really isnt a fair assesment of the 9-5, they obviously dont know or care to know how to drive a high torque fwd car. but eh, thats the way they usually are, so that he complimented it at all is pretty impressive :lol: .

and the connection with the vauxhall is very slim, i think they share the same platform, wich in itself doesnt mean much, the 9-5 is nearly completely Saab designed from the ground up as far as i know.

Paul

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looked like the melting Nazi from Indiana Jones. What an amazing car...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts