Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cover from a DI cassette that I can take to get powder coated...can't have my DD down while I wait...anyone have one they want to let go of super cheap?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I've never ever seen the top of a DI cassette.
I know people have done it but..
I'd be interested to see what it looks like underneath.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could swear I had seen someone that had theirs powdercoated or something, no? If I'm off my rocker let me know. Alternately, if I manage to find/get one apart, I'll be sure to post pictures of the guts.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I just picked up a pimpin' c900 valve cover from Moreboost, and will be using it to replace my gross peeling black one in my NG...Tentative plans right now are to either powdercoat the valve cover, or use one of those g2 epoxy brake paint kits on it...I really want to have my DI polished and then powdered clear...obviously you can't just toss the whole thing in the oven so there must be a way to get that cover off...right?

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's what I'm going to find out. I've been told it can't be done, but only by people haven't tried it so... we'll see how it works out. I'll post in my new thread my progress on that front. Just need to find someone who powder coats for reasonable $$.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I don't think you can swap the top from a dead one onto a good one...I pulled mine apart and the black plastic is actually the cover, all the electronics are attached to the top part. Unless there was a way to separate them that I missed.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Yeah - not sure how you will make it work.... I know ppl have gutted them for non-DI cars before as a cover (I thought that was what you were doing....) Not sure how you take it appart to powder coat.... I'd just mask it all off and spray paint it nice.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The coils and other electronics are inset and potted beneath the black plastic cover. Aside from cutting the stuff out, there is no realistic way to swap the internals. You could certainly painstakingly remove them and use the DI housing as a cover on a c900...but not much else.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awwwwwwww lame. Guess we'll be going the hand polish route then. Crap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts