Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time now when I would shut of my car after a good drive (5 miles+) I would hear a flexing, sound. Like the car is exhaling, or relaxing coming from the rear. A few days ago I decide to look under the car when I shut down and I see that when I shut off the tank actually expands a bit, and lowers. Like I released the vacuum from the tank.

Does this mean there is too much vacuum in the tank and what the heck would cause that?

TIA.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No.

Its a t5 suite tune. I was unaware that it could mess with tank vacuum.

Actually, thats cool.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Totally different car but same thing I think, my friend used to own a '73 International Harvester 1310D pickup (carbed and mech fuel pump) and it would pull such a hard vacuum as to collapse the tank and kill the engine, it turned out that the fuel cap vent plugged up and didnt let air into the tank to replace the fuel. Check your cap, swap with another if possible.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Don't think our cars have vented caps.
They sure do. Air has to be able to replace the volume of fuel used by the engine. There's a one-way valve in the cap that lets air in but not out.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It went away at some point when I did a tune flash. I think.

Really, I don't remember.

Is the evap even hooked up yet...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This tank problem was on the 5 door sir.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.