Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I love the stock HK stereo in my 9-5, it just cant compare to the thump you get from a 12". I am toying with the idea of a Polk MOMO sub and amp but I don't like the idea of the extra weight and I don't like the idea of having to run cables and mess with the wiring of the car even if it is very simple stuff. Everyone pitch in their two cents about this and help me decide! I'm stuck on the fence.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32823&item=5707312879&rd=1

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
im havin the same issue...i just found out my car is actually quick cuz i beat a well tuned gsr in a full out race (not that oh were next to each other ltes race shit) and i wanted subs like i had in my old car cuz i love the thump...but i dunno bout the extra weight...plus i get shitty gas mileage as it is....

i think i may wait a bit till im not so in debt, and feel like doing the pain in the ass wiring job...but i dunno how much work your willing to do...

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you want good sound, deffinitly get a sub. The wiring is really easy, (I ran 4 guage and it only took me a couple hours (minus wiring my amp rack and distribution block). Plus if you do the install right, it literaly takes seconds to remove the sub and enclosure (assuming you arent bolting it in or fiberglassing it in or whatever). For my system, I wanted to make it easy to remove my sub if I needed the extra room in the back of my 9000. All I have to do is flip one of my amp turn on switches in my dash to turn off the sub amp, then disconect the wires from the enclosure. It also eliminates the draw on the electrcal system this way. The amp hardly weighs anything anyway. Or if you dont want to have to move it in and out there is a product called the Orbis Audio Orb. It weighs 13 pounds in its carbon fiber enclosure which is incredibly light for a 10" sub. The downside is it costs 600$...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Get beats man. You won't regret it. You'll be surprised how nice it sounds....hell you may eventually want more 8)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i wouldnt go with the Polk MOMO sub....

if your looking for quality go for Alpine type R, or S
or JLs w3 and above
infinitys are good
you can always find good deals on RF

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
i wouldnt go with the Polk MOMO sub....

infinitys are good
I agree - but if you go Infinity - go for the referance or kappa series ones. there is a nice 12" Dual Voice Coil Kappa series from Infinity which thumps REAL good - and cause it's a dual voice you'd only need one. :!: :idea:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
and cause it's a dual voice you'd only need one. :!: :idea:
but two is better than one!!

yeah if you do go for the infinity get the kappa the refrence probly isnt worth it, i like the alpines better than the refrence...just my opinion...

oh by the way i have two JLw6s each powerd by a Kicker ZR240

1 - 7 of 7 Posts