Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wats up guys?Got a question for u,my spg has alot of crankcase pressure for some reason.I am runnnin about 18 psi of boost,an when i am on
boost oil blowes out of the dipstick tube,alot of oil,even at idle there is a good amount of pressure coming out of valve cover,more than normal.My motor runs fine,i think ive checked all the basics,now im lossed......please help,miss driven my baby
:(

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Make sure the PCV system isnt clogged up/falling apart/missing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea did that,everythings fine,and the motor has no sludge in it at all,any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Piston rings? What's the the mileage?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent done a compression check yet,but the motor only has 170k on it and it runs fine.the problem was intermediat before it started doin it all tha time

·
Registered
180 Posts
I havent done a compression check yet,but the motor only has 170k on it and it runs fine.the problem was intermediat before it started doin it all tha time
I had the same problem with oil blowing by the dip stick filler cap. I replaced the rubber donut under the filler cap with a fiber reinforced silicone sheet cut the same shape. It stopped the blow by.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Do you have excessive oil around the PCV valve at the valve cover as well? Excessive oil in the intake tubing?

Check compression and get back to us. If you have low compression in any cylinders, put a few drops of oil in through the spark plug hole and check it again. If compression goes up, it's rings.

I have the same symptoms on my motor at 90K miles. One cylinder has bad rings caused by a leaky injector washing the cylinder. Other than the excessive crankcase pressure, the car drives fine. I still haven't pulled the motor yet, but I'm not driving the car either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts