Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
wait - Audi TT's are fast?!! Only time i see those cars is when they are crawling on the roads with some old fart behind the wheel. Never knew those cars were built for speed. I think the "TT" stands for "Technically Turbo" cause I'm sure if it were Twin Turbo it'd be moving a little faster then 35/45 mph. 8)

·
Registered
745 Posts
got a chance to drive one.....they are fast and tight to get into... those things are all wheel drive, light, low and fast. I'm wondering why I don't hear much about them.

my boss has one, and I wait for the day I see him on the wide open road one day....course I don't have a Viggen to try it out with....but me thinks there's a good chance I could give him a run for his money...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've raced three, two of which I know the owners of. The Viggen kicks the crud out of it. No offense to Audi owners. lol From a stop, it's a driver's race, from a roll though it's borderline comical in ever case I participated in. Here are specs for the Audi:

Here's the Roadster: (two out of the three were drop tops)

Horsepower 225 @ 5900 RPM
Torque 207 @ 2200 RPM
Max Eng. Speed -
Transmission 6 Speed Manual
Drivetrain Quattro AWD
EPA City 20 MPG
EPA Hwy 28 MPG
Weight: 3472 lbs.

Here's the coupe':

Same as above for hp and torque

3274 lbs.

The coupe did a little better than the drop tops. But still ... the 180 hp versions are rumored to be underrated (more like 190-200) and the 225 version are rumored to be overrated (more like 215) ... whereas the Viggen puts a healthy 212-214 to the wheels ... and the torque on the Viggen is more along the lines of 300 lb ft ...

Pretty clear from a roll ... from a stop it's just a question of how good the driver of each car is, but that's almost always the case anyway. Not really worth mentioning.

Few people realize just how much the Viggen's massive torque is worth. It has more torque (or about the same, I only have MapTun's ratings and my dyno sheet for comparison) completely stock than a stage 5 MapTun 2.0 ... and that's a heck of a lot. Really moves the car.

One of the drop tops was my neighbor ... he can't get over how quick the Viggen is. Or especially the fact that, unlike the Audi, full boost is available in a Viggen from 2,200 rpm up. You don't need to rev the snot out of it to go fast ... I can actually give him a run for his money when he's in 3rd and I'm in 4th.

Adrian~

·
Administrator
668 Posts
I raced one about a week back from a roll of 60MPH... given that is my ABSOLUTE best speed to race from... but I raped him. He started to pull on me (i was not looking for a race) and when i saw that he was coming up fast and looking at me i stomped it.... later down the road he caught up and gave ne a thumbs up. It was a friendly win but still not a competion at all as saabtuner said.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The weight of the car seemed much lighter when you drive it though....especially the ragtop. But the weight is about the same as most SAAB's. Must be all of that AWD equipt underneath adding to its bulk.

Your right Adrian, the torque specs on the Audi TT are meek...compared to a Viggen ..., or a modified SAAB. The HP dosen't seem to get realized until much higher in the RPM level as compared to a SAAB also..

interesting....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts