Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For lawsuits and debates about Christmas.

I thought I'd share my dads published thoughts on the subject with you.

CHRISTMAS
There Is No Other Day Like It

Christmas is an American National Holiday. It also might be a religious holy day, or a holiday in other countries, but it is - in the United States of America - a de facto, official, certified, recognized National Holiday. Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Chanukah, etc. are not.

THE CHRISTMAS TREE: This may or may not be a religious symbol, but it most assuredly is a representation of Santa Claus and our National Holiday. As such, it belongs on government property. Placing a decorated tree in the public domain, sans religious ornamentation, is expected, proper and an American tradition. Manger scenes, menorahs or KKK crosses are not national holiday decor and thus have no standing for placement on public property.

THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS WISHES:

* To wish someone a Merry Christmas, doesn't necessarily mean that you wish them anything other than they have a happy 25th of December. Nor does it mean that you, if not a Christian, are accepting their beliefs or forsaking yours.

* For a Christian to wish a non-Christian a merry Christmas is the epitome of what this special day is all about. The Christian is saying, "This is my special day and I wish that your day will be as wonderful as my day promises to be."

* Likewise, for a non-Christian to receive such a wish is a great compliment as in; here is a G_d-fearing, decent, Judeo-Christian-valued, fellow American who is wishing me a good day. Thank you.

* When a non-Christian wishes a Christian a merry Christmas, he or she is saying, "I applaud and honor your right to celebrate this day that stands for the good in mankind and our common values that make this country what it is. Thank you."

MY PERSONAL CHRISTMAS WISHES:

* To my Christian friends: I truly and sincerely wish that you have and enjoy a very merry Christmas.

* To my non-Christian friends: Please join me in honoring this day by reflecting on how fortunate we are to live in a country that not only allows us to choose and practice our own religion, but protects these rights.

* To religious fundamentalists, be they Christian, Jewish, atheist, Muslim, etc.: Please recognize that when you try to force your beliefs on others with law suits, bombs, government sanctification or "majority rule" you're not exhibiting American values, merely, your own insecurities.

* Finally, to the little kids (of all religions) who are able to grasp Santa Claus and really don't understand religious matter: Enjoy. It's the only time in your life you will be happily conned and guilt free.

Merry Christmas,

Chuck Klein

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.