Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
17k miles on the Turbo X and the driver’s rear tire pressure sensor is showing low pressure, but my gauge is showing 36 psi. All four tires are around 36 psi. This is my first car with a tire pressure sensors, is this kind of thing common? Any other possibilities besides broken or dead battery? Anyone know the pressure threshold which sets off the sensors?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
They will set off if only off by a few PSI - however they are a common GM failure item. Take it to the dealer and let them diag it - probably needs a new sensor and a calibrate if it does not calibrate for them. This is what warranty is for - now go! lol

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've found this problem Over & Over again with the Sports sedan monitors. The Fix from GM as of 08 was to set tham all to 40psi. They might have a New Better fix but 40psi has always worked for me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found this problem Over & Over again with the Sports sedan monitors. The Fix from GM as of 08 was to set tham all to 40psi. They might have a New Better fix but 40psi has always worked for me.
This is what I did a few days ago. I set all tires to 40 psi. It then took a few days but the low pressure warning light eventually went off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts