Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah - so I decided - once the SPG is roadworthy - the 87 9000 Will get a SERIOUS overhaul. I think it will be a nice custom sleeper project. I plan to get a 2.3 TURBO head - and a n/a intake for it - use my 89 SPG's old block (2.0) and rebuild them to match. I Will look into a Ball Bearing Turbo - or another TD04-16T or better - 3" exhaust - and of course - an APC. I will rebuild my trans most likely - since it still works well at 288,000 miles! I may also consider a younger trans for parts at the least. The rear wheel wells being one of this cars' WEAKEST points will be completely removed and custom wells/towers constructed by my body guy. The car will get Aero or Intrax Springs - newer 9000 Brakes (no ABS "upgrade") and all new seals - interior freshened - perhaps a set of Aero seats if i feel like splurging. It WILL get the in-car entertainment system with engine management. The 9000 will get a 3rd life in other words. I want to be able to lay down 300+ hp at the wheels and have a transmission that can take it - thus a 9000. This is my rant for now - there's more I plan/want to do - but as time goes by - I'm sure they will change. If i could get a CSE or Aero from 1996-1998 "cheap" I'll prolly just put the 87 aside to rust unless someone i know would take it and care for it - or something other then parts.... Either case - a rant is a rant - let' see what you hafta say. I'm Saab crazy - and untill I have a driveway - i'm keeping the Saab's I have :twisted: more will add to the wanted collection once I have a driveway/garage.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I say, either sell the 87' or give it to a friend. As the cse and aeros seam to be getting rather cheap, I just picked up a 93 cse with a whole slew of new parts for 800 bucks, five speed turbo. I also have a 86' turbo 9000 that I plan to update to full race spec. But thats only because its just sitting there. But if your looking for nice power, handlin, interior, I would say go with a cse or aero, but if you like the 2.0t and think your better suited with that go for it.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
join the 300 club...im on the way right now ive got a load of motor work on the way for next month when im home. By the way...ill possibly have my head for sale as im getting a new one hopefully. Ill give you first dibs if you want (its the 2.3 turbo you want)

·
7,595 Posts
sounds like a plan, it will be like "pimp my ride" hmmm, I wonder what those guys would do with your 9000 8)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DeLorean said:
sounds like a plan, it will be like "pimp my ride" hmmm, I wonder what those guys would do with your 9000 8)
Never pop the hood - put some insane ass scoup on it - paint it hot yellow with sticker graphics of Jesus on some dirt bike jumping over fire- big ass exhaust - and prolly CUT the old ass springs - and to top it off - a stereo system that costs a lot and makes lots of noice and has no sound quality "whatsoever" - and yes - I can make up words if I wanna. Oh - and I forgot the 22" DUBS they'd slap on it. They'd prolly call it the Saab Type RST 9000 - some gay shit like that. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts