Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a tune from mikeD a couple nights ago and what an investment. I just have a 3in turbo back exhaust and open air intake on my 2000 9-3 se. Im blown away with how fast spool up is and how fast the car is. Mikes knowledge is unbelievable. He pionted me in the direction of T-5 cams and a TD04 turbo and single piston BPV for my next upgrade. If anyone is wondering what to do for thier next upgrade I would deff go see mike. Having the S.I.D. give you live feed of what the motor is doing is a nice touch too. Now i can see when I need to let off when my intake temps go up. Need a bigger intercooler now. Ive maxed out my current boost gauge that went to 20psi(It has to be around 25psi). But this mod is so quick and easy, unless your computer dies(thank god he had some extras lying around). Turns out my car was car Air request compared to the accual amount was way off befor the tune. This is a great way to determin a problem with your car. Thought id give mike a Bump. Hope i didnt post this in the wronge section on the formum, as I am new to the site.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Wish I could get live feed back on the t5 SID.

MikeD does do some nice work. Lets not turn this thread into a turner war thread, umkay?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Agreed.

MikeD is wicked awesome. He sure knows his way around wire brushes too.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Ive maxed out my current boost gauge that went to 20psi(It has to be around 25psi).
Yes Mike does know his way around a Saab. My suggestion to you would be to get a wideband next for a couple reasons: 1) It's just good to have on any tuned car 2) I know that if you're getting over 1300mg/c of air (SID will tell you), it's time to step up the fueling, or turn it down. The injector duty cycle is nearing 130% at that point (you don't want it near 100% ever). I know because I just started familiarizing myself with T7Suite and setup a tune of my own.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
A wideband is never a BAD investment but honestly, a stage 2-3 tune is pretty standard stuff that doesn't really require a wideband. There's plenty of fuel in the stock fuel system to handle the amount of air the stock turbo's can create with even more as a safety wall in case of some kind of overboost. So unless something is seriously wrong, you won't need it.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
A wideband is never a BAD investment but honestly, a stage 2-3 tune is pretty standard stuff that doesn't really require a wideband. There's plenty of fuel in the stock fuel system to handle the amount of air the stock turbo's can create with even more as a safety wall in case of some kind of overboost. So unless something is seriously wrong, you won't need it.
Well, T7 cars max the STOCK fuel system out pretty quickly. Having a 3.5/4.0bar FPR is a different story.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
widebands are great, 20psi was only 2-3 more psi than the car was running stock when it came in. his max request is around 1200mg, stock was around 1000. on his car

T25 2.0 car make alot more presure, with alot less volume than your 2.3 tdo4 cars.

isues are not only that t7 runs out of fuel quicker, but the motors do not take abuse anywhere near as well as the T5 cars

you have alot more second chances with T5

its great to hear you guys are happy, i look forward to keep in touch with everybody

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
There's plenty of fuel in the stock fuel system to handle the amount of air the stock turbo's can create with even more as a safety wall in case of some kind of overboost.
The stock fuel system exceeds 100% injector duty cycle for anything over roughly 275-280bhp on a T7 car. Ideally, you want the duty cycle at 80%. Anything more and you start dealing with float issues.

·
Registered
352 Posts
oh crap. . . . . I figured bigger (biggah) injectors were in order. Viggen is being put into hibernation for winter so I may want to do a few things here and there. Cobra pipe and such. . . .

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also have the t7 suite on the SID (stg 4 jzw tune). Still haven't figured out what all the parameters are yet. If you have info would appreciate. I know MAir vs Mreq is very helpful and Teng (coolant temp) made me aware that my low speed coolant fan had died. (low speed fan cycles on when temp his 100C)...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts