Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Aero seemed to be idling a bit low, to the point it would almost stall when I would stop at a red light or anything. I popped the hood and noticed the plastic bracket on the throttle body with the 90-degree fulcrum for the throttle cable had broken. I did a little research and I guess it's pretty common, but can anyone point me to where I can buy a new one, or better yet, are there any aftermarket metal ones so it doesn't happen again? Also, is a pretty simple straightforward replacement, or is it one of those "in order to do this you must do this, this, and this" type processes? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
hahahahahaha i thought i was the only one this ever happened to! i had to tow my car home when i broke mine.

i remember having an issue finding a new one, but i had a parts car at the time so i swapped everything over from that TB.

unfortunately i dont even think its included if you buy a new cable.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's pretty easy to replace, right? Just looking at it it seems pretty straightforward. did you have to disconnect the throttle cable or is there a way to replace the bracket without disconnecting the cable? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Apparently, the hole in the plastic piece is big enough to draw the cable and it's end through it, because it is not included with a new cable.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
So it's pretty easy to replace, right? Just looking at it it seems pretty straightforward. did you have to disconnect the throttle cable or is there a way to replace the bracket without disconnecting the cable? Thanks.
not sure, it happened like 6 years ago. i think your gonna have to do some junkyard surfing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts