Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked up the new specs listed for the Turbo6 and Turbo4 on saabUSA website.

They dont list that a 6 speed manual is available for the V6 in the 2011 model year.

I can see that driving away some people from purchasing this car.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I don't see that as driving away many people as well. The manual seems to appeal to people who drive 10 year old used cars, not as much to people who buy new.

They do have their market, it is just very small.

Also, I never heard from anyone credible that the V6 would get a manual trans...

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
That's really going to drive me away from buying a used one in 5 years. :lol:

I can see that not being a particularly worthwhile development, but it is pretty disappointing for the few people that would care. Can we get 4cyl XWD with a manual?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Yeah only the 4 banger is getting the manual, thats been the plan all along from what i've heard. For the amount of development they would need to fill a small market its doubtfully worth while, hopefully the future non gm influenced ventures will allow for more flexibility.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I would go audi or BMW, as long as the new one looks good, I'm partial to BMW, audis are never quite as satisfying to drive, although they are quite good, a 335 is as fast as an s4, and uses turbos, which I <3

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm getting the 9-2 when its available. I don't even care much how it looks as long as its small, light, quality comparable to a mini, and priced like the mini.

In other words, I'm getting a mini-type car no matter what. Be it saab badged or the alfa 500 that's coming soon.

Just hope saab has a contender so I can indulge.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I would go audi or BMW, as long as the new one looks good, I'm partial to BMW, audis are never quite as satisfying to drive, although they are quite good, a 335 is as fast as an s4, and uses turbos, which I <3
I have only heard of good things about the new S4 with the blown 3.0. Pulley, exhaust,, intake, and ecu tune is going to show BIG gains. S4 vs 335 is a good match, but also each car plus $1500 will be fun to watch also.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm getting the 9-2 when its available. I don't even care much how it looks as long as its small, light, quality comparable to a mini, and priced like the mini.
I'm thinking the same thing. But I might just wuss out and get one of the last 9-3 SS. 31 EPA Highway MPG is really nice and I like the car overall.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I have only heard of good things about the new S4 with the blown 3.0. Pulley, exhaust,, intake, and ecu tune is going to show BIG gains. S4 vs 335 is a good match, but also each car plus $1500 will be fun to watch also.
Yeah i've heard tons of compliments as well, i just don't like the Audi (so its purely opinion based lol)

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Hey, I have that in my Aero and I like it.
Are they really putting fake wood(plastic) in the non Aero interiors? That would be disappointing at this price point.

JTMav
Not "Fake" its real, just scratch it and see, it splinters real nice, its just a laminate tho, really thin wood... ask me how I know...

Wow, that's sooner than I expected.
Saw one off the truck at my dealer last week, but they were haveing an intro this week and did not even take the palctic off.

the big sunroof is really nice... is the 2.0 T8? Is it tunable? the turbo is behind the engine ( with the exhaust) so it could be hard to swap turbos i would imagine

·
Registered
998 Posts
I will second this... the 3.0t S4's are quite fun, but they just dont have the sound of the older V8 S4.

I haven't driven the 335 yet- so I cannot compare.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Not "Fake" its real, just scratch it and see, it splinters real nice, its just a laminate tho, really thin wood... ask me how I know...

Saw one off the truck at my dealer last week, but they were haveing an intro this week and did not even take the palctic off.

the big sunroof is really nice... is the 2.0 T8? Is it tunable? the turbo is behind the engine ( with the exhaust) so it could be hard to swap turbos i would imagine
not all of them have the wood,

iam not sure if its T8 yet but iam 99% sure its the same motor in the Cobalt SS the 2.0T Direct injected EcoTec

1 - 20 of 22 Posts