steering rack brace
Big ebay intercooler
stage 3 tune
intake
Diverter valve

·
Registered
744 Posts
there both really nice. but IMO the shifter is more practical if your just driving around the streets. the 6 points is more for taking hard turns and chassis stiffness

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any one have the gs short shifter?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i installed it a few months ago and i get excited every time i shift lol. it makes the shift feel really solid and precise
Those words are what have me sold. Im gonna buy the short shift kit. Whats the install like? any difficulties?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I take that its not plug and play based on the reaming you have to do, what a drag that is? Thank god I like my 2002 stock shifter.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Haha, I had help making a short shifter for my 83 900 I used to have. Wish these new ones were simple like those cars. I'd say go with the shifter. You'll like it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You could just send them your core if you're worried about having to modify the base...but it takes literally 5 minutes with a rotary tool or die grinder. Big improvement, highly recommend...but I wish I had known there was one in development for aftermarket shift knobs :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would go with the 6 pt brace out of those for sure. I don't do a lot of city driving. When getting around town I mostly use my bike. So a lot of the driving I do is twisty mountain driving and I like to take the corners pretty fast. I suppose if most of the driving I did was on a city grid or on busy multi-lane highways I would rather get the short shifter.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would go with the 6pt, but that's based on my driving. I enjoy spirited twisties, so a short shifter isn't going to be a big deal (going between 2nd and 3rd mostly). Might be more important if you're looking to do drag or straight line. Depends on what you do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts