Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Thanks a fucking lot.

I just spent over 3 hours watch all that.....Not sure what I gained or lost from it though.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha yeah, sorry guys... forgot to mention it was so long.

Time waster maybe, but total inspiration to my butt in gear and start working on all the projects I have sitting around!

Just so you know, that are videos on how he built the airport hanger, his chianmail, and house with the trampoline floor.

Reddit is also building him a new website. I'm totally getting a GRP t shirt.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
End of video 3 is great... I'm stopping there and going to watch more tomorrow. Damnit... lol

So this guy is legit it seems then eh? Looks like he's got some serious skill and brains. My goal in life it to get off the grid myself - it's going to be tough, but I'm going to try my damnedest, at least until I get bored or distracted.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I am trying to figure out where this guys lives. Like which state?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yep, he lives in Vermont.

Most of his dome runs on solar power, and in video 40 something he is in the process of building a hydro electric system to charge his shops batteries.

He may seem a little nutty, but he def. has some brains doing things up there. I watched the robot take its first manually cranked steps last night. Finally up to speed and waiting for the next video!

Anyone else get the point, around video 20, where he is in the middle of working on the robot and then just decides hes sick of not having a road up to his house ... so he just builds a road? Which means he built that whole damn house and shop, WITH OUT A ROAD GETTING THERE!

New person added to my very short list of personal heroes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts