Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Semi-ambitious plans, TBD execution. Will use this to keep track of things I'm going with my '96 9k Aero. And probably ask some dumb questions along the way.

First, bought some wheels. Adapters are in the works, they may or may not work at this point :lol:

(test fitted on the '91)

Then I got my valence and spoiler repaired (both were cracked) and painted.

First dumb question... how different are the bodies of my '91 and '96 9000's? First, are the hoods interchangeable? Second... what about the fenders and 1/4's? Aside from the obvious light/bumper differences, are they the same shape? Specifically width. I used the '91 to test fit the wheels and the results were not what i was expecting, my error (more likely) or a difference of the cars?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Those wheels are SEXY! I like!

Fenders, Hoods, Trunks & 1/4's are ALL Very different on 91' vs. 96' 9000's However the doors "are" with a harness swap and some time getting things right... Width - I would wager they are same or close. Wheel arches I'd guess are the same - but ride height would be different as the springs are different.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Yep...like Scott said you have to use the entire front clip or nothing at all (see difference between 1994 and 1995 CDE).

Diggin' the wheels man. Hopefully you can nab some eh-dapters for them.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hopefully you find a solid safe set of adapters as Im sure theres more then one person one here who would be interested in them.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Close enough, anyway. Only took me... 8 hours of shoveling/fucking around... and now we're supposed to get like 5-8" tomorrow... and more on Thurs.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Close enough, anyway. Only took me... 8 hours of shoveling/fucking around... and now we're supposed to get like 5-8" tomorrow... and more on Thurs.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
I think you've got yourself a Charlie Foxtrot if you just dug out of all that and more is on the way. Hope you have a nice shovel.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mmm... I was so pissed when I saw that.

So anybody ever have the pleasure of replacing a hood release cable in one of these?

Took the cover off, popped the hood to check fluids/install battery/survey rodent damage none!). Went "ker-chunk" and the hood didn't move. Instead the release lever went all slack and the cable is loose everywhere. Thankfully the headlights/grille aren't installed so opening it manually wasn't a big deal.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well at least you're not Lima. Lima. Mike. Foxtrot. out in all that snow. that's the bright side.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
...still cold and snowy...

Angry.

Got my buffer today, so I guess the plans for this weekend are to re-assemble most of the bumper area and get the spoiler on, make shiny, and then who knows. Depends on whether or not the hood release cable ($20 on thesaabsite, $8 on eeuro... :lol: ) shows up in time. If it shows and I get it installed it'll probably be on the road next week.

Also hoping I'll have the first pair of adapters soon.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts