Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been running extremely cold according to the gauge. I have come to the conclusion that my Tsat needs to be replace. The part is cheap, it is the replacement that concerns me. Can I do this myself? I am not a mechanic, just an big fan of cars. How difficult is the process? I would like to do it over the weekend, do I need to put my car on a lift to get it done? The car is a Viggen.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
soccerrplyr said:
Its not that hard to do and should only take an hour or so. I did it on my 1999 9-3. The worse part about it is the draining of tyhe colant. Either let it fall into a bucket or on the floor and top of with new.

Check this out..
http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/mattiaso/WebPages/Auto/therm.htm
For shame for shame.... never let it go to the floor.... it is very caustic to animals!! Don't want to hurt animals or kill the old earth. Plus I know where I live it is a $250 fine if you get caught letting it go to the ground. :shock:

No it is very simple job to do and you should have no problem with it. You can even go for the cooler stant at this point to help it stay a little cooler than it used to run also.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
By floor, I was thinking of the grate we have in our garage that leads to the septic tank. I assumed he might also have the same garage type of setup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts