Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I figure it's time for a power wars threat! Post your best dyno sheet, conditions of the test, aprox. temp, type of dyno, and anything else you like about the run.

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go 1st ;)

this was this cars 1st dyno run ever, had some lean running issues because of my blown brake booster, but it ran fairly well none the less. Mustang Dynometer, car was at full operating temp, about 80 degree air in the shop, air circulators were poor.

edit : pic turned out horrible, but the max figures were 172.6 HP @ 5000 RPM's / 200.5 lb/ft @ 4250

car was my 88 C-900 turbo

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
hehe i was thinking about starting this thread too. well heres mine, same conditions as Delorean's run, cause it was the same day 8) . The difference is that my car was running good at the time :D .

Managed 194.2hp @ 4500rpm and 239.4 ft/lbs of torque @ 3750rpm :shock: . My mods are: Self tweaked APC (thanks to CastorTroy :wink: ) running about 18psi, fading back to 14-15psi (due to knock above 4600rpm or so you can see where the graph falls off) , 3.0 bar FPR, hollow cat and straight thru 2.25" exhaust, big k&n filter, and a DSM sidemount intercooler. Needless to say, im happy with this run, but it only makes me wanna do more :twisted: . Hopefully we can do the dyno day thing again in the spring, by then i should be running Megasquirt EFI and Megajolt Lite Jr programmable ignition, ng900 "shortblock" head or similar, a t3/t4 turbo, a bigger intercooler and a stronger tranny 8) watch out :twisted: .

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is that the performance evaluation program where you input your data and it gives you approximate results or are these bona fide dyno runs? because the real thing is what we're looking for :arrow:

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's the real thing..............
We did both the rally car and my car...
Theres two dyno shops within 15 minutes of here.
My "sim" dyno estimated around 203

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can't find the latest two sheets - I'll put them up whem I find them, but here's one:

The best combination was 255whp/301ft.lbs. This sheet was 246.5whp/289ft.lbs.

I blew a piston shortly after the best run.

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we should post Jon's sheet from his 89 C-900 here for shits and giggles. He put out about 20 less HP than you, but I think a touch more torque, AND he was hitting the fuel cut off! he had some nice little mods on his C-900, but I don't think it was more than... say $800 worth of mods.

NOT a man to mess with --

EDIT-- Well here's a dyno sheet of his, but I don't think this is the best one he got that day--

·
Registered
88 Posts
DeLorean said:
we should post Jon's sheet from his 89 C-900 here for shits and giggles. He put out about 20 less HP than you, but I think a touch more torque, AND he was hitting the fuel cut off! he had some nice little mods on his C-900, but I don't think it was more than... say $800 worth of mods.

NOT a man to mess with --
My runs are on a dynojet, if his are from that mustang dyno in poughkeepsie, then well that's really damn impressive. That spg must be a beast.

I'm not a big fan of mustang dynos. or even changing dynos period.

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep, they were all from the same dyno, same dyno day. The only viggen there (a stock viggen) got 201 HP if I remember right. not too bad!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Here's mine with a 28 psi boost spike, fuel lean out torque peak. Now if I could only control it. :wink:

This is my latest dyno sheet, from the Saab dyno day. It was a Mustang Dyno and despite upgrading the turbo to the Aero TD04 it showed less hp than my previous dyno, which is posted above.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts