Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To any of you that have seen the recent dealings/postings in the "for sale" section of these forums, it's no secret that B202nut went a bit beyond what was acceptable here on the forums. I've talked with a few of you, both in person and in PMs about the negativity that this member brings to our otherwise relaxing SAAB clubhouse. He crossed the line with certain comments. Ones, quite honestly I never thought I'd see here on these forums, even considering the author's previous posts.

I am aware that in some small part that he, like the rest of us, does have something to share here as far as his projects on his car build. Those posts are not what I take issue with. His inflammatory posts that beg a response are. When he inevitably gets a valid response, he becomes irate and goes quickly to agression. That is not what we need here, is it? Do his bad posts out-weigh his good ones? In my opinion yes. I realize that is just my opinion, and I would truly like to hear others. I've been in touch with two of the Moderators on this site and they are currently reviewing the past and current post history of B202nut to see where things are at. I believe that the posts themselves will be his undoing.

I did attempt to send Mike, (B202nut) a PM to address him personally, but now that he is currently banned for two weeks, he cannot receive it. I thought I'd post it here, so it would be viewable by him, should the ban be lifted. It's exactly as I wrote it:

Edwardiangrey; said:
Look in the mirror, that's the guy who got u banned..

You've exhausted my patience Mike. You are responsible for your actions, no one else. Your absence on this forum is/was a welcome relief to myself and many others. I have the PMs in my inbox to validate that from both Mods and members. Go make some efforts on learning people skills. You are in desperate need of them. Without them, your life will continue on the same path..... Regards, Bob Timms

PS: My Mother died two years ago from a carcenoid tumor of the liver. She was 69 years old. The pain of that loss is still very real. Your "raped in a car" comment, (which was in no way a friendly, "yo mama so fat" kind of humorous comment), tells much about the person you are. The fact that you could even conceive of someone's mother being raped is, well.....dispicable. You have some growing up to do, to put it mildly.....BT
If ANY of you feel as though putting up with this kind of fellow member has gone on long enough, Please post. I'm not asking anyone to stick their neck out. I'm just asking that we all take a role in the responsibility of keeping this site friendly. If we can do that, then we won't have to be bothered with this kind of unecessary post in the future. Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. With sincerest regards, Bob Timms

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree enough is enough. I know my opinion may not have much weight since I admit to egging him on in an effort to give Him a taste of his own medicine but he its toxic to the forums

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
What a whiney nonsense post.

You provoked a guy you don't like, got the response you expected, and now he's banned.

What's this post supposed to prove? If it were up to me I'd ban both of you for a cool off period. B202 for being an ass in general and you for being a bully and a whiner and taking a victory lap.

To any of you that have seen the recent dealings/postings in the "for sale" section of these forums, it's no secret that B202nut went a bit beyond what was acceptable here on the forums. I've talked with a few of you, both in person and in PMs about the negativity that this member brings to our otherwise relaxing SAAB clubhouse. He crossed the line with certain comments. Ones, quite honestly I never thought I'd see here on these forums, even considering the author's previous posts.

I am aware that in some small part that he, like the rest of us, does have something to share here as far as his projects on his car build. Those posts are not what I take issue with. His inflammatory posts that beg a response are. When he inevitably gets a valid response, he becomes irate and goes quickly to agression. That is not what we need here, is it? Do his bad posts out-weigh his good ones? In my opinion yes. I realize that is just my opinion, and I would truly like to hear others. I've been in touch with two of the Moderators on this site and they are currently reviewing the past and current post history of B202nut to see where things are at. I believe that the posts themselves will be his undoing.

I did attempt to send Mike, (B202nut) a PM to address him personally, but now that he is currently banned for two weeks, he cannot receive it. I thought I'd post it here, so it would be viewable by him, should the ban be lifted. It's exactly as I wrote it:

If ANY of you feel as though putting up with this kind of fellow member has gone on long enough, Please post. I'm not asking anyone to stick their neck out. I'm just asking that we all take a role in the responsibility of keeping this site friendly. If we can do that, then we won't have to be bothered with this kind of unecessary post in the future. Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. With sincerest regards, Bob Timms

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
I watch every post of his like a hawk, and I happened to be away this weekend when he went silly. I have shared PMs with him trying to bring conversation with him to a "human" level, but he honestly just wants to stand on a soap box and not listen to anything. He cherry picks posts to respond to, and doesn't acknowledge when he is being corrected.

That being said, we have rules here on the ol' Saablink. He is a member of the community and he will eventually create his own destruction. I don't like it when forums just hand out lifetime bans without too much discussion. I believe he will eventually have enough infractions to put his username in the grave.

P.S. Besides his flagrant behavior, my main problem with him is that he created another username after being banned for 6 months.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a whiney nonsense post.

You provoked a guy you don't like, got the response you expected, and now he's banned.

What's this post supposed to prove? If it were up to me I'd ban both of you for a cool off period. B202 for being an ass in general and you for being a bully and a whiner and taking a victory lap.
It's not being called "being a bully", it's called, "taking the bull by the horns" I believe. The post isn't here to "prove" anything. It's an attempt to avoid future tensions where thery don't need to be.
I'm sorry that you see my post as me being a "whiner" Drew. Where I come from, we call this, "standing up for what's right". I hear your opinion, but I can't say I respect it. If nothing else, I understand that Texans respect their Moms as much as anyone else. It's gotta strike you as wrong when you hear that? Enough so, that you didn't include it in your "quote" when you responded. Just an observation..... Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I am not around here much compared to years ago.

But I cringe at much of what is posted by the member in question and avoid getting into any dialog.

Yeah, ignoring it sure works. But when I am around, It bums me to see too much vitriol from one person that can now dominate the boards as its slowed down. 5 years ago there would have been 5+ people who would have chopped him to bits never to be heard from again.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
If something didn't get included it was a mistake or you were editing your original post while I was posting.

You're way out of line.

edit: and it's worth noting that here's a perfect example. You asked for opinions, heard something that you didn't like, and now you're on the attack. You going to start a thread about banning me too?

Cheers to you Bob!

It's not being called "being a bully", it's called, "taking the bull by the horns" I believe. The post isn't here to "prove" anything. It's an attempt to avoid future tensions where thery don't need to be.
I'm sorry that you see my post as me being a "whiner" Drew. Where I come from, we call this, "standing up for what's right". I hear your opinion, but I can't say I respect it. If nothing else, I understand that Texans respect their Moms as much as anyone else. It's gotta strike you as wrong when you hear that? Enough so, that you didn't include it in your "quote" when you responded. Just an observation..... Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If something didn't get included it was a mistake or you were editing your original post while I was posting.

You're way out of line.

edit: and it's worth noting that here's a perfect example. You asked for opinions, heard something that you didn't like, and now you're on the attack. You going to start a thread about banning me too?

Cheers to you Bob!
Hey there Drew. I re-read what I wrote to you. I don't think now, or did I think when I was writing it, that I was attacking you. I have no beef with you at all....even after you've called me a "whiner". That's your opinion Sir. I can deal with that. I'm wearing my big boy pants. Peace, Bob

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Bob,

This is not the way to handle this. I know you really, really don't like the guy, and have possibly created this thread to get him all fired up when he comes back (because we all know he probably searches his name when he gets bored) but you starting a public campaign to get him tossed out is not how all this is going to go down.

Like I said in the PM, this place on the internet is the way it is because its not heavily controlled, and I'm just fine with that.

Basically, beyond our PM's and this post, I have no more fucks to give. I don't have the time to take this seriously. I really don't. I suggest you do the same.

I'm 100% sorry this guy hit a nerve with you and the tragic passing of your mother (my good friends mother just died of brain cancer, so I can relate more than you know) but it's time to move on.

Keep in mind that this is far from an endorsement of his behavior, but for the sake of clarity, I figured I should let you know where I stand.

To anyone reading:

Oh, you don't like his posts? Don't click on his threads. Don't respond, and stroke the massive, massive ego.

Ignore.

Don't feed the trolls. Let internet nature take it's course.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Also, this thread takes place in the off-topic section of the forum.

If anyone wants to take advantage of that, go nuts.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
All I know is the dude got banned once already, came back with a new screen name, and proceeded to behave exactly as he had before getting banned. So what kind of precedent does that set?

Either A: the mods feel he was illegitimately banned the first time around, or B: they don't give a flying fuck and just don't want to deal with the hassle and the PM's and emails they will probably get insulting them personally if they ban him again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am realatively new here. I h ave two build posts going and own four Saabs (a 1978 mint 99 Turbo, a 1985 900 SPG under restoration, a 1997 9000 Aero which just went trhough a full rebuild and a 2006 9-3 SC). I am exactly the type of person who this site should be attracting. I spend most of my free time trolling Saab websites and looking for parts for one of my four cars.

But I have been very off put by B202.

In many ways, I just feel sorry for B202. Honestly, with the way he writes and his general attitude, I honestly think he needs help (as in psychiatric).

I also an understand why others may feel he is being provoked, but how many threads are highjacked by B202 in recent times? How many potential new forum members get discouraged from hanging out here as the posts become lewd and aggressive because of B202? I have seen him attack first time posters before - we should welcome people into our community, not harrass them.

Yes, posts are down in all Saab forums. We probably will be seeing less and less posts going forward as new Saabs become more and more of a distant memory, and even used it will be hard to find a decent example. But does that not mean we should be even more careful about protecting the forum? I think yes.

Question is what should we do? If he were to be banned, I am sure he would start posting under a different name. He has done it before. And, there are times where his posts are value added. Also, as said, I sincerely the guy needs help.

My suggestion would be as follows:

(i) members (including Edwardiangrey, who I tremendously respect and enjoy reading his posts) all agree to ignore B202's rants;

(ii) as soon as any off the mark and aggressive posts are posted by B202, they be removed immediately by the moderators; and

(iii) as members, we report dutifully posts which are going over board.

We can't allow such abusive behavior or else this forum becomes a joke. Conversely, we cannot be pulled into a back and forth on his abusive behaviour as well, which is why we need to ignore him. In all honesty, he seems to enjoy the attention and post even more and aggressively when we respond to this type of behavior.

Just a little food for thought......let's be constructive please!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I've been on here for while now and i honestly just ignore him when he goes off (or grab the popcorn and laugh like crazy over his internet fights).

Honestly just ignore him. its words on the internet from a clearly unstable individual. I don't like him, want nothing to do with him, but if we ban him we lose a lot of posts (this forum is lacking lately) and some serious entertainment value.

Do what i do and take his posts for what they are, words on a computer monitor typed from someone who doesn't fit in with anyone in the real world hence his constant need to troll here.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Man, Bob, you had such a great "post of the year" response in the thread in question, but this thread of bashing a defenseless (banned) member is pretty cheap and certainly not productive.

Like Palmer, I am out of fucks.

P.S. Besides his flagrant behavior, my main problem with him is that he created another username after being banned for 6 months.
How can this be true? I always wondered how he just popped back on with a new, very similar username. Certainly none of the mods were bothered by it to do anything. Am I crazy?

·
Super Moderator
6,726 Posts
Also people, you have an ignore list. Use it!

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
My suggestion would be as follows:

(i) members (including Edwardiangrey, who I tremendously respect and enjoy reading his posts) all agree to ignore B202's rants;

(ii) as soon as any off the mark and aggressive posts are posted by B202, they be removed immediately by the moderators; and

(iii) as members, we report dutifully posts which are going over board.

We can't allow such abusive behavior or else this forum becomes a joke. Conversely, we cannot be pulled into a back and forth on his abusive behaviour as well, which is why we need to ignore him. In all honesty, he seems to enjoy the attention and post even more and aggressively when we respond to this type of behavior.

Just a little food for thought......let's be constructive please!
Well put, and I 100% agree. Use the "!" button on the lower left when you think things are getting out of hand, and there will be a response.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts