Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1774 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Hillary is the more likely pick for the Supreme Court.

And, she'd be a good one for it. Lots more lawyerly than Bill.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'm not voting for him.... that is all...

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I've been a republican all my life. Not pleased with what has gone on in the last couple years. I'm realistic in knowing that a republican isn't going to win the election this year... and I'm willing to give the other side a chance. And I'd rather have Obama than Godzillary.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I hear he's a [email protected]!!11

Seriously, the fact that people try to use that to smear a person's presidential campaign it pathetic. Is that supposed to be an insult? Does it insinuate that he is a terrorist? Same goes with the guy at the McCain thing emphasizing Barack Husein Obama. Is that supposed to mean that he is a terrorist, or supports them?

I guess I'm not commenting on him, just commenting on the tactics that his opposition are trying to use to sway the less intelligent Americans into believing or perceiving fallacies.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Better than Hillary!
x10000

I've been a republican all my life. Not pleased with what has gone on in the last couple years. I'm realistic in knowing that a republican isn't going to win the election this year... and I'm willing to give the other side a chance. And I'd rather have Obama than Godzillary.
I would agree, but I thought the repubs didnt have a chance in 04. (like not even close).

I feel that there is a fighting chance another republican will take office. If not, I'll take oboma over that woman.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
i like hillary more than obama, and honestly i thought the dems had office in sight... but ralph nadar may have just fucked that all up so.
Ralph Nader got 0.38 percent of the vote in 2004, and was not even close to being the factor he had previously been in 2000 (when he got something like 2 - 2.5 percent).

The Libertarian candidate for president got 0.34 percent in 2004.

If I took the trouble to get my name on all 50 state ballots (and that's a boat-load of work for a minor candidate), *I* could get 0.38 percent.

That's how irrelevant Nader is these days.

EDIT - Nader got 465,000 votes for 0.38 percent in 2004, after getting 2.89 million votes in 2000, for 2.7 percent.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Those are my sentiments. I'm kind of upset Huckabee stayed in the race, forcing Romney out. I do not care for McCain much at all.

The dems have been complaining and bitching and whining for the past 8 years, and my ears are bleeding... they think they can do a better job, so let's give them their rope and let them hang themselves up to dry.

Our country is heading for the shitter, and whoever is at the helm this next term isn't going to do piddly squat to change it... better for the dems to be in the limelight and take the blame.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Our country is heading for the shitter, and whoever is at the helm this next term isn't going to do piddly squat to change it... better for the dems to be in the limelight and take the blame.
And you complaint that politicians are cynical . . .

Look, remember who made this mess. Remember who is borrowing money from the Chinese to pay for a war in Iraq that did not need to be fought. Remember who inherited a budget surplus from the last Democratic president.

If you know you history, you're familiar with the phrase "stab-in-the-back" which was used by German militarists to explain how their vaunted military could have lost WWI. They blamed everybody except the idiotic strategic thinkers in the German military who thought fighting a two front war was a good idea (and that the Americans wouldn't enter the war).

And we see the same thing here with Vietnam -- we only lost the war because we left, and every bad thing that happened happened because of people who opposed the war.

Letting the other guy take the blame only lets the real bad guys off the hook.

The real lesson of the GW Bush years is - don't vote Republican until they get rid of the militaristic, deficit-spending fools who are running (and ruining) the Grand Old Party.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Ralph Nader got 0.38 percent of the vote in 2004, and was not even close to being the factor he had previously been in 2000 (when he got something like 2 - 2.5 percent).

The Libertarian candidate for president got 0.34 percent in 2004.

If I took the trouble to get my name on all 50 state ballots (and that's a boat-load of work for a minor candidate), *I* could get 0.38 percent.

That's how irrelevant Nader is these days.

EDIT - Nader got 465,000 votes for 0.38 percent in 2004, after getting 2.89 million votes in 2000, for 2.7 percent.
thanks for the stats, i did honestly think it was more than that, but regardless of that the man is worth nothing but stealing votes from someone who may be a good candidate.

i guess my point is, in 2004, bush won by 3%, nadar got 1%...and i think the 08 election could be decided by less than 3%, meaning that if nadar got another 1% it could be the deciding factor. thats what i was goin for.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
All I have heard from Obama is hope and change. Hope for what? Change in what form?

Obama is nothing more than an empty suit.

Goodwill, and admiration, without substance = fail.
He has clearly laid out his intentions. You just haven't been listening.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/

i like hillary more than obama, and honestly i thought the dems had office in sight... but ralph nadar may have just fucked that all up so.
nader won't put a dent in anything. All the other candidates have been campaigning for so long, I just think he's too late to the game this time for anyone to really take notice.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I guess once again, it is going to be which candidate is the less of the evils... Gaad I hate politics!!!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
nader won't put a dent in anything. All the other candidates have been campaigning for so long, I just think he's too late to the game this time for anyone to really take notice.
although i would normally agree, i would tend to think that even this late he will always have that core group of followers which could easily get him 1%...like greg said earlier...either one of us could do what it takes to get on the ballot and most likely get 1%, i just feel like that small a piece could come into place in 08.

1 - 20 of 1774 Posts