Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been sitting on jack stands for months, and it's finally sitting under its own weight now that I got the rubbing problems sorted out with the tires. So I pulled it out last night so I could get a good look at it. :D

And my favorite:

I love it. It has a sweet stance with these wheels.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Lookin good! i bet your ecstatic that the restoration is done with

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost done. lol You should see the interior...or lack there of....haha When that's done, it'll be finished. But it's drivable now so it's getting registered and insured. :D

I have about $600 and a month's worth of work left and it will be totally finished, as far as restoration is concerned. That's when the mods start. :D

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I see no snow therefore I hate you. But no the car looks good; Ive got a thing for the older mustangs

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see no snow therefore I hate you. But no the car looks good; Ive got a thing for the older mustangs
Not to twist the knife, but I haven't seen snow in weeks...:p Thanks!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's what it looks like in the daylight. :D

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Gorgeous!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks awesome. well done.
A Mustang was what I always wanted but never bought.

·
Registered
369 Posts
What was it with "yesterday" ... :confused:

It seemed they came out of hiding and come to think of it so did our resident groundhog.

Took a short drive and saw a 1967 Mustang and then a mile later a 1966 and then a Z-28 Camaro.

A month ago I went to look at my perfect retirement car having sold the Corvette. A local dealer has a 1966 Mustang convertible advertised for like $9,000 and it said it was not show worthy but presentable.

I had visions of doing a "Po-Boy" Shelby since it is a 6 cylinder with a 3 on the floor. Minilite race mags, good brakes, Koni shocks and sway bars and stuff. I saw one a few weeks earlier with the hood up and working on it is so dirt simple.

Sadly, none of the body panels had a good fit or match. I expected some bondo but with the number of panels off, that thing had an extensive accident history.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gorgeous!
Thank you! I can't wait to finish up the interior and get driving it this summer.
Yep!
Looks awesome. well done.
A Mustang was what I always wanted but never bought.
Thanks, I've always loved the shape of classic Mustangs, and I lucked into this one.
What was it with "yesterday" ... :confused:

It seemed they came out of hiding and come to think of it so did our resident groundhog.

Took a short drive and saw a 1967 Mustang and then a mile later a 1966 and then a Z-28 Camaro.

A month ago I went to look at my perfect retirement car having sold the Corvette. A local dealer has a 1966 Mustang convertible advertised for like $9,000 and it said it was not show worthy but presentable.

I had visions of doing a "Po-Boy" Shelby since it is a 6 cylinder with a 3 on the floor. Minilite race mags, good brakes, Koni shocks and sway bars and stuff. I saw one a few weeks earlier with the hood up and working on it is so dirt simple.

Sadly, none of the body panels had a good fit or match. I expected some bondo but with the number of panels off, that thing had an extensive accident history.
I'm starting to see more of them too. Speaking of body panels being off and misaligned, I need to post a few before pictures. haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts