Saab Link Forums banner
9161 - 9180 of 9198 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
It definitely had some bubbling on both dog legs which was odd but still too good of a deal to pass up on. Buyer probably got it for 12-1300

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
That's strong money, but you never know. Would be nice to see clean examples start appreciating.

"Owned by retired captain in the navy." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Really? I noticed that car a few weeks ago and initially I thought the same thing.

Today though, for some reason, I feel like its an excellent candidate for a restoration. If someone were handy enough and had the time and space to do most of the work themselves including all paint prep work, a few grand in would get you an almost show-worthy 110k mile first-year SPG. Don't you think those will be "valued" at $8-10k in a few years? At the very least, you'd get your money out...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Perhaps I'm a pessimist, but I think that's a scrapper even at $0. Everything on it is damaged, including non replaceable body work (i.e. roof). Clean cars are still available and still cheap. You'd have to value your time very little to pick this as your project - again, in my opinion.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You may be right and probably have more experience with such endeavors; I tend to have overly optimistic day-dreams where I save all the SPGs, 9000 Aeros and Viggens of the world.

Those photos were strategically shot; the roof damage isn't even visible from those angles. That being said, if its not TOO severe, I've seen some incredible things done with the right hammer and dollys. With the sunroof assembly out, its not too difficult to get a dolly into most areas and tap out those dents with a hammer from above.

·
Registered
432 Posts
9161 - 9180 of 9198 Posts