Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 19 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/1756851462.html

looks like it has a carlsson kit on it, and the price seems a little too good to be true if his description is accurate

"SAAB 9000 Turbo 1987 - ONLY 123.000 Miles
5 Speed Manual - Mechanically perfect, runs great
New Clutch & Slaves, Belts, Brakes & Calipers, Exhaust all new
Body is perfect, no rust no dents but inside need roof lining and front seat
Alpine Stereo. I bought it to fix up mechanics (which I did) and inside but then inherited 2 cars and need to sell "

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
As much as I'd love to do that, I have to come up with something that I can jump in and drive right now, for pretty cheap. I need a winter beater to save my rustless 9000 from Ohio salt

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's a tempting offer as well (42 MPG ftw), but since I've only ever owned Saab's, and don't consider myself a mechanic by any means, all of the tiny amount of knowledge that I do have is pretty directly related to Saab, so if I ever need to work on something myself while I'm 200 miles away from my mechanic in rural Ohio, I'd like to at least have a basic idea of what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Two years ago my dad bought a really clean 96 Aero that was always serviced at a familiar dealer for $500 with a bad radiator and throw out bearing. That's the last good Aero I've see come up for sale local to me.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I used to used craiglook.com to do nationwide searches, but that has been shut down. Is anyone using something similar to that site?

·
Registered
656 Posts
DAMN, I want a '98! Not at the expense of my Aero mind you. I just want one.

Note the paint peeling on the CSE molding they used on the Aero's door.
I saw that too, kind of assumed that door's been replaced and they just painted over the chrome on the trim.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sent this:

Hello,
Saw your ad about the Saab parts, as long as you're giving things away for free, I could use a set of seats for a Saab 900 Turbo convertible.

Do you by any chance have any of those wheels left?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yeah, I've made money by owning a car before, but I bought it, drove it for 4-5 months and then sold it, and I also improved the car while I had it.

This car was listed last Saturday morning, and then taken down later that day, before I could call on it. I can't see this guy getting $1000 worth of work accomplished in three days, especially since it was pretty nice looking in the pictures before.

1 - 19 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.