Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
wondering if those are the ones that Cark picked up...
Nope I ended up getting the ones from S&S. Shipped form CA and having found a 5th locally worked out to the same price. Those came up after the fact anyway... but I probably would have jumped at those. Would love to see closer/better pictures though.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I almost hate to post this, because I shopped around forever to find my 5 spd Aero wagon and know the rarity of them, and this is basically the same car, only a year older. Sounds pretty clean, fairly low miles, and 1 owner! If I didn't already have one, I would scoop this right up.
2002 SAAB Aero Wagon

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
^SOB.

Thanks for keeping it quite....

I emailed the guy, he doesn't seem too keen on moving on price since he doesn't "need" to sell it.
Haha, sorry about that.

The price isn't great, but it isn't bad either. For a dealer maintained 1 owner car with right around 100K, that seems very fair. Yes it's a NE car and has been exposed to salt, but that hardly means it's going to rot away in the near future.

There may be cheaper cars out there, but since November (when I got mine) I've seen 2, maybe 3 Five Speed Aero Wagons come up for sale. I still think people don't understand how rare these are. If you want an auto great, there's plenty of them around, 5 spd? Good luck. For someone like me who knows exactly what they want(ed), seems like it could be a good buy. Getting it under $6000 would be nice though.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Saab 9000 Aero

sounds interesting... brakes and exhaust repair = cheap

supposedly "perfect" interior and exterior

sent an email to find out color(s) and if it's stick or auto

wow, found this too! 92 9000 turbo: sounds like maybe TCS: http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/2342113371.html

and while i'm at it...
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2341834818.html - 92 turbo vert, looks pretty clean
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2342246136.html - any 9000CD(E) fans out there?
http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/2342981249.html - 91 SE vert, low miles, but he's dreaming

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
1985 saab spg 900 turbo

This car was listed last weekend by a different seller for $1300, by the time I was able to get around to calling on it, the listing was already gone.
so someone is trying to make a quick $1000 or so? I hate that kind of shit. There was a guy here in NH last summer that tried that with a vert, and I call him right out on it. Sent him a handful of emails badgering him. Finally he replied saying it was well within his rights, although I think every other word was misspelled and half of it was in caps.

Too bad people try and take advantage of others all for $

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Two days left on this pre-facelift airflow kit. Current price is $74.99. Wow, almost tempted to bid myself.

Saab 900 SPG Aero AIRFLOW Panels Used Classic 3dr | eBay
Wow pretty wild... it feels like it was just a few years ago that even the little "airflow" badges were worth big bucks. I guess we're getting to a point where there aren't really any pre-facelift cars left on the road, or very few anyway.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The 99 is sick, just wish it were a B motor as opposed to the 2.1, but may have to pass by on Friday after a trip to CT to check it out.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
on the LB Viggen...

some weird stuff in the description and high mileage, but decent price and could be a good buy. I would definitely have the car gone through very thoroughly though to see that everything was maintained properly.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
85 saab 900 turbo classic
Just got back from looking at this.

Pretty decent, most of the rust was touched up, hence the primer. Needs very little, methinks just front shocks. Other than that just some TLC. Guy has never owned a SAAB before, doesn't know what he's doing with this one, he's only owned it for a couple of months. P/O installed 34# injectors, BOV, bigger IC pipes, glasspack exhaust, a few other nonsense items.

If I had a place to keep it and work on it, it'd be mine already. There are hardly anymore salvageable c900's left these days for cheap $, I'd consider this one of them. At least for a ratter or race car.

...at the same time, I may have talked him out of selling it and just fixing it for himself.

1 - 20 of 373 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.