Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good pics of what the carbon fiber dash looks like on a 9-3 or ng900? i was thinking this might go well with my car but i don't want it to look cheesy...i was thinking about getting one of the dash's off e-bay for like 120 bucks. also anyone already have an e-bay one by chance?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got a carbon fiber one off eBay for around $120. I'm pretty happy with it, but it's just not sticking very well. You have to be very thorough using that cleaning solution and probably use a heat gun to get the adhesive just right. The only part of the kit I really got to stick well was on the trim on the overhead lights, probably because I've never used armor all on that piece. Over the past few months I've been ripping off all the parts that are peeling because it just looks sloppy.

Hey, this autoaccessorystore.com looks pretty good, I might buy rip out the carbon fiber and put in the brushed aluminum.

·
Registered
251 Posts
is it real carbon fiber? or that sticker crap

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine was real carbon fiber with 3M adhesive on the back, it would look great if it would just stick better. The dash kits in the saabcatalog are like $400...I think the door handles are $100

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jsut in case anyone was still considering this - I got the ofofical Sab carbon fiber dash for $165 when I got the car from a reseller of official Saab parts. It is _allot_ better than the one I got on eBay before forthe car. Though I used the parts of the eBay one (black) to cover the lower part and shifter. The inside of my car there are kinda faded out so it looks slick with the carbon fiber and black dash parts. You can order the rest of the dash parts individually from those guys on eBay to accent the real carbon fiber one form Saab too. But the eBay ones do peel off - the back stays on, but the colored part will come off as the car flexes, leaving you with a silver backing thing ><. Get he saab carbon fiber one, it's sweet. I'll post pics of it with the rest of my stuff in there later ;).

·
Registered
475 Posts
If the official Saab kit is the same as it is for the 9-5, it will actually replace the entire dash insert vs. sticking to the front of the existing dash. This makes a huge difference in cleanliness and durability. I found one for my 9-5 on Ebay last week for $225 but I had to wait a while to find it....I think they retail for $450.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
xaamottomaax said:
If the official Saab kit is the same as it is for the 9-5, it will actually replace the entire dash insert vs. sticking to the front of the existing dash. This makes a huge difference in cleanliness and durability. I found one for my 9-5 on Ebay last week for $225 but I had to wait a while to find it....I think they retail for $450.
got any pics?

I am planning to do the same for mine, along with door pulls and shift lever. I figure it will look sportier than the wood, also since my interior is all dark charcoal, it will blend in better than the big ol chunk of wood that is there now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The one I got was a Saab part, but it sticks on top - do you have a link to the one that replaces the dash? You can get these direct from a Saab distributor for around $150-200 now. It looks very nice and is real carbon fiber. It is very stiff and MUCH more owrth the oney than the cheap and porrly made (even poorer fitting) ones on eBay and other places. Go for the real one and not a 'dash sticker' :). I will post detailed pictures later once my camera charges up.

Here's a link to it in the Saab catalog:

http://www.saabcatalog.com/retail/c...ry_name=Drive9h9k:Carbon+Fiber+Accents&Page=1

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
trioptimum said:
The one I got was a Saab part, but it sticks on top - do you have a link to the one that replaces the dash? You can get these direct from a Saab distributor for around $150-200 now. It looks very nice and is real carbon fiber. It is very stiff and MUCH more owrth the oney than the cheap and porrly made (even poorer fitting) ones on eBay and other places. Go for the real one and not a 'dash sticker' :). I will post detailed pictures later once my camera charges up.

Here's a link to it in the Saab catalog:

http://www.saabcatalog.com/retail/c...ry_name=Drive9h9k:Carbon+Fiber+Accents&Page=1
I already got my dash. All the carbon fibre stuff from Saabcatlog is on sale if you go to a dealer online. i just wanted to see how it looked in someone's car. i am waiting to get mine installed in a week or so. I also got matching carbon fibre doors pulls for front and rear, and c arbon fibre shift lever. I am just waiting on the second pair of door pulls. The dash is really sweet, for the 9-3 it is not a sticker but a full replacement dash.

Can't wait, should look realy sharp because my whole interior is all charcoal/dark grey already, and this will get rid of the wood that doesn't quite match.

http://www.saabcatalog.com/retail/c...egory_name=Drive9395:Carbon+Fiber+Dash&Page=1

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
yep, carbon fibre all up in this joint. 8) 8) 8)

I would install it myself but the instructions say there is some sort of re wiring and soldering involved, i have no experience with that so I will just have the dealer do it when I go in for my 20K inspection.
:roll:

I got a sick deal on all the CF stuff on ebay. way cheaper than i have seen on some websites who are advertising sale prices on this stuff...

by the way, it looks much nicer in person! Although when it's under indoor light it looks grey like in the catalog, but when the sunlight hits it it seems to have a slightly greenish tint. Still very nice, though!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yeah I am going to try and install it myself. Yes you have to solder the sport button on :D Should be fun. Also have my new foglight coming soon, so it can be a great install day! Unless it rains, like it always does this time of year...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, it is not installed, but you can see a pic of the CF dash on my site and I attached a pic below. My experience has been that the application ones are OK if you don't have the cheese to buy the replacement dash ones.
Kevin

·
Registered
145 Posts
The stick on one is really nice - it looks like a normal dash except where the vents show through. The only problem I had iwth it was after I put it on it got a little hairline crack in it above the stereo close to the top. I'll post a picture when I find my friggin camera - probably in the car.

Would those 9-3 parts (dash and automatic shifter) work on the NG 900? Those are pretty cool. I think I could pass up an ECU for a better dash and shifter :).

·
Registered
352 Posts
the dash and auto shifter can be applied to an ng, i believe the ng and 9-3 interior is the same except for the SID

saabvos

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
8) Look what I did after installing my new suspension bushings...

Dash Installed
The bushings are awesome. So cool that I decide to drive to dinner in another city good curvy roads... on the way to dinner found out that I was going exactly 81mph... :cry:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts