Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say: "Scrooged"

then, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," and then "The Nightmare before Christmas."

If I see "A Christmas Story," one more time, I'm literally going to shoot my eyes out with a red rider bb-gun.

What do others say?!

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
The Santa Clause 1 solely for the first gen Taurus SHO.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I saw Christmas Story in the theaters when it first came out. I was dating my wife and we took her little sister to the movies and that was the only kid-appropriate movie playing. It's since been ruined for me because of the overexposure. Although, I almost went to see it at the Palace Theater in Albany last Monday just to see it on the big screen again for old-time's sake.

Hands-down best is Christmas Vacation for me--so many quotable lines. Jim Carey's Grinch runs a distant second.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
The original Miracle on 34th Street (B&W version).

Others that I have watched this season:

Christmas Vacation
Elf
Christmas Story
Love Actually
The Grinch (cartoon version)
The Grinch (Jim Carey's)
Miracle on 34th Street (newer one with that kid who plays Mitilda, which I think is horrible)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Muppets Christmas Carol.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

A Charlie Brown Christmas

A Christmas Story

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Bad santa. No contest. Watch it all the time during the year too.

Christmas story is a must see once. Great story.

I wish there was a good stripper story to recommend. I support working moms on christmas.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
One of my favorite Christmas-themed movie scenes is Dan Akroyd dressed as Santa in the movie Trading Places when he crashes his old company's Christmas party. That whole scene is flawless, especially when he pulls the smoked salmon fillet out of his coat on the bus later to eat and it gets all stuck to his beard.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
One of my favorite Christmas-themed movie scenes is Dan Akroyd dressed as Santa in the movie Trading Places when he crashes his old company's Christmas party. That whole scene is flawless, especially when he pulls the smoked salmon fillet out of his coat on the bus later to eat and it gets all stuck to his beard.

One of the only movies I won't part with...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Christmas vacation with Bad Santa as a close second!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh man, that is a great thought right there. I might have to change my vote, that movie is epic.

Another movie that I thought of, one that I loved growing up, is:

Home Alone

Definitely a top 5 xmas movie...xmas themed....awesome score/music....courageous kid....demon furnace in the basement....dark, grim man resembling the Gorton's Fisherman's evil brother, yet he turns out to be a savior....two dumb, but loveable burglars....the catalyst for increased child mischief for a whole population of youth!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts