Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its there now...and it's so much win.

You can make it AWD and throw the b204 or the 2.8 v6 in it.

I have it setup as an E class car. The 8v is tuned to 165hp/185lbft.Added AWD and lightened and put on big slicks. Car hauls butt and pulls lots of g's.

·
Registered
180 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That's my car. No really. Turn10 used my car to photograph to build the car in their studio.
Could not leak it out until the game pack was released.
They contacted my thru Saab 99 turbo registry
way cool.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It was nice to be part of bringing it all together, and knowing my car will be around for a very long time...

Another local 99t enthusiast had to help with the finishing touches. My car is currently de-badged and I switch to a set of period correct Recaro seats, but not stock. He was in the middle of a full on restoration and had the stock seats and badges pulled off. They took pictures of just the parts and then placed them digitally at the studio.

I had brought my car to a retro import car show, and a guy checking it said " I know this car." "Yes it's a 99 turbo." was my reply. No this particular car. He works as the vehicle dynamics programmer for the Forza software. He recognized the hash marks I put on the boost gauge. The folks at the studio wanted to know if they were stock and worn or something I added.

We talked about the car and the release. He was really proud of his team in that they were real car nuts and not just programmers.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts