Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin brought over the new Aero tonight that we picked up for him this Friday.

We only had an hour of sunlight. So I buffed out some scratches and showed him the wonder of claybar on a small panel to finish at another time.

We spent the remaining time on the interior. We did not have time to Leatherique the leather, that is for another day.

So far the people that have seen it cannot believe it's a '00 with 107k miles or that we got it for $3200.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Is Leatherique a dye, or a conditioner? Are the seats ventilated? Will Leatherique work OK on venilated seats?

·
7,595 Posts
Looks nice, as a matter of course, he should have a heater by-pass valve ready to install when it starts leaking coolant. It is no big deal (less than $100 part), but likely at that mileage it has never been done and will need it soon - they seem to crap out every 120K or so.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
3200 with BBS RKII's? Great deal!!!! Too bad its an auto :(

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is Leatherique a dye, or a conditioner? Are the seats ventilated? Will Leatherique work OK on venilated seats?
It's a two part process, cleaner and conditioner. They also make dye. The seats are not ventilated.
Looks nice, as a matter of course, he should have a heater by-pass valve ready to install when it starts leaking coolant. It is no big deal (less than $100 part), but likely at that mileage it has never been done and will need it soon - they seem to crap out every 120K or so.
I wanted to look up whats been done to it at the dealer. It has encouraging signs that it's been well maintained so I am hoping things like the DI, MAF etc have been done before.

3200 with BBS RKII's? Great deal!!!! Too bad its an auto :(
Not just RK2's, but nice OEM 16's with Nokians came with car.

He was willing to learn stick to buy a Saab, but I didn't want to take the risk of him not liking it enough and then being stuck with a car he didn't want.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
So essentially he bought the Aero for 2700.00 and bought a set of RKII's ;) for like another 500

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
good call. We did the 99 at about 130K and the aero actually started leaking there at 48K or so!!!

which reminds me, I should grab another to keep on hand :rolleyes::mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Nice! I got our 2001 9-5 Wagon for less then $2500 with a blown headgasket on a 8,000 mile old NEW Saab engine and turbo... and the car only had 86,000 on it to begin with (August 2009) Now it has over 106,000 :)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
nice car, how about clear fender side markers and a 5spd tranny

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Needs the clear side markers as mentioned and a Bridge Spoiler and/or Valance panel :)
Those early 9-5 Aero's annoy me b/c they have NO Aero cues. Needs the seats or some more body accents to spice it up. It's still very nice!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts