Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Damn glad I got my DD back together for work today. I've been driving my son's '89 900T vert with worn low-profile tires on Aero wheels. Would have been a tough ride home. Got our first good snow tonight.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I love the snow. Damn middle Mass needs to catch up or I am moving north.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yikes. You guys buried in snow for 5 months? Two hour commutes for half the year? I'll take the northwest rain anytime over that...:D
Uhh. Two hour commutes with no snow is the norm around here...

Anyhoo. Got the snowtires on this past weekend. Sorry for the iPhone quality pics...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
None here either other than a brief snow shower while I was driving up to Baltimore yesterday.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Wow you guys are getting a lot of snow up there. I've pretty much been in denial about the whole winter/snow thing but with the temps starting to drop into the teens-20's at night for the past two weeks... I think I finally need to accept it. I'd rather it be cold and snowy than cold and bare.

Plus, I get paid to plow the shop's lot this winter (last year I split it with the boss man) so that is the new source for my Spring Saab projects.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'd rather it be cold and snowy than cold and bare.
I'm with you there. I'd rather it be 25 and snowing than 34 and raining, which is usually what happens in the Ohio River valley.

EDIT: Just took the wife to work. We got a little dusting of snow overnight and left a few patches of black ice on the freshly paved streets in my neighborhood. Unexpected drifting FTL! My 2 year old thought it was fun, saying "faster daddy, faster!" and giggling the whole time!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Careful there. A friend of mine in the Village lost his 21 year-old son to black ice a week and a half ago on a short trip to the supermarket. Rolled his SUV.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts