Saab Link Forums banner

thanks for hitting my motorcycle

549 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Tweek's Turbos 
#1 ·
In an effort to calm myself and get some opinions ill explain my Sunday funday. Here's the deal, I just moved into a new apartment which is in the same town as my old one. The rent on my old apartment isn't up until the 15th so I've been slowly moving all my stuff. The last things left were a dresser and my motorecycle.

Rewind to last weekend. I move everything besides the two items mentioned above. I didn't go back to the old apartment until today from a busy work week.

So today I go to grab the bike. Walk up and notice one of the spark plug coils hanging off the cylinder, wtf! Inspwct the bike and see it was clearly backed into. Damaged side panel, tank, engine covers. After inspecting the area you could see the bike fell over on its side and the handle bars dug into the ground.

So this means one of the 5 people in my building hit my bike, picked it up, and took off without saying anyhthing, sleezy. After looking at the cars I notice one has damage on the back and its also a silver jeep and it looks like there's silver paint on the bike. Hmm, okay. I called the cops they filed a report but her car wasn't there at the time so the officer left a not on the door.

Think ii should knock on this ladys door and confront her, or wait for the cop to maybe follow up on this?

See less See more
#3 ·
wait for the cops to go through with it.

i went through this with a hit and run on my car. if the cops put through the report and all, and she doesnt come take care of it, they will just report it to her insurance for you and you can go right past her and get money from her insurance.

#4 ·
Take pictures of the bike and the jeep's bumper so you have them for the police/insurance/whatever. Sucks that that happened to you, but hopefully you'll be ok in the end.

What type of bike?

#6 ·
Thanks man. 07 kawasaki meanstreak with a lot of aftermarket parts that insurance prob won't cover
People have no freaking decency! Something similar happened right in front of me today. Some dumb lady in a Prius was FLYING around a mall parking lot and backed right into a guy's car (he was still after pulling out of his parking spot). As soon as she hit the guy, his rear bumper literally discentegrated. While the guy pulled back into his spot to get out of his car and get her information, she decided to rip out of the parking lot and just takeoff. Little did she know that I followed the bitch for a short time until I got her plate number! Shortly after, the police got a nice phone call. I didn't want to be a tattle-tale, but people have no decency! I sure hope you find the person who hit your bike (and that they pay dearly)!
Thanks man. That's how I feel, I mean have a little bit of respect for people. Even if I can't figure out who did it I atleast have full coverage on it, thank god

#5 ·
People have no freaking decency! Something similar happened right in front of me today. Some dumb lady in a Prius was FLYING around a mall parking lot and backed right into a guy's car (he was still after pulling out of his parking spot). As soon as she hit the guy, his rear bumper literally discentegrated. While the guy pulled back into his spot to get out of his car and get her information, she decided to rip out of the parking lot and just takeoff. Little did she know that I followed the bitch for a short time until I got her plate number! Shortly after, the police got a nice phone call. I didn't want to be a tattle-tale, but people have no decency! I sure hope you find the person who hit your bike (and that they pay dearly)!

#9 ·
Cool it might work out for you. But do let the police do their work. If someone hit you, their insurance should be responsible. Even if this claim doesn't raise your rates now, if you have a second claim your rates might go up because of the first claim.

Consider asking the police to line up your bike against the jeep to take measurements. I was an insurance adjuster in a previous life and we did this all the time. The damage to your bike (where it was impacted by the other vehicle) should line up perfectly with the markings / damage on the suspect vehicle. Another avenue is to obtain a paint sample from the jeep & compare it with your paint, to rule out whether it's your paint on her jeep. We used to send samples to labs for comparative analysis. Not sure if this is something your insurance company would pay for or not. We used to pay for it in order to get to the bottom of things.

But again, don't do any of this on your own - work with the police and your insurance company. Proceeding without their involvement could prejudice them against you.

Best of luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.