Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temp gauge is not coming up off cold, no mater the operating temp. Where is the sensor and how do I replace it. I'm assuming that is the problem. I've searched the forum and cannot find a good references to it. Thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
Temp gauge is not coming up off cold, no mater the operating temp. Where is the sensor and how do I replace it. I'm assuming that is the problem. I've searched the forum and cannot find a good references to it. Thanks
the sensor on a C900 should be at the back of the cylinder head near your distributor. N/A and Turbo sensors should be in the exact same place. Check that the female connecter is pushed on the sensor securely and double check there is not a breach in the electrical line before you replace the sensor itself.

I am sure they can go bad, but I have not had that experience. Maybe you knocked it off by mistake fiddling somewhere else.

good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found and replaced sensor, located below the top radiator hose on the side. just around from thermostat housing. It was bad after it was replaced the gauge immediately worked.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Found and replaced sensor, located below the top radiator hose on the side. .
technically speaking that would be the back of the Cylinder head; considering the motor is installed backwards:winky:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts