Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here have a Tech2 I can rent? I'm tired of going to the dealer to get airbag lights reset, radios divorced/married, and trunk lock timers adjusted...

Assuming no one does (or is willing) what would be the interest of the forum members in renting one? As in if I can't find someone to lend/rent me a Tech2 at a reasonable rate, I'm going to buy one. To recoup some of the cost I'd be willing to rent it out at $10/day plus shipping (which for the size of a Tech2 is only $8 USPS flat rate). A friend has the latest Saab software on a 32mb PCMCIA card for me all ready to go. I won't be buying a CANDI module as I only have OG93's. Short of someone stealing it and selling it on eBay or what not, is there any interest?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
You could front me the money and could use it and pay it off rather quickly - my problem is justifying the expense up front right now. They are not cheap - but are VERY worth it. If you were near PA I could hook you up with some time on one faily cheap and easy. Good luck - there are many Saab techs who prowl these forums - so perhaps one could invite you up and all you may have to do it buy them lunch :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you own one Burnside? I've got a friend who has one, but his shop won't let it leave the premises so it's a bit of a PITA to get to him. The dealer is closer and cheaper than him + gas there and back. At any rate, any interest in this? I'll be making the purchase in a week or so and setting up an online commerce website for this to track who has, where it is, where it's going next, and how much of it has been paid off. I figure when I get to the halfway mark of recouping the cost it can just float around for the cost of postage, as I'll feel justified about the purchase then. I could give a rats ass about profit, as BurnSide said, it's in invaluable tool to have.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I do not own one personally - but have access to one when I need to. The owner of the shop I plan to take over next year has one - he is going to buy a CANDi this year so I was trying to talk him into a TIS2WEB subscription. He already has the 2010 updates to all his cards - so he might as well get the subscription after the CANDi.

Moser Import Servicing of Point Pleasent PA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts