Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out for a day trip on a nice sunny day last summer, I get on the highway. I am going about 65, sunroof open, just soaking up the sun and enjoying the day. This beige Audi A6 passes but then slows down and gets side by side with me to look at my car a little. (Jet black '02 9-3 just got detailed with a fresh coat of Zymol wax and the whole deal, really shiny!) So the guy didn't look the racing type, but after I caught him staring with a little bit of jealousy, he is embarrased and guns it and takes off as if to say "well my dirty beige Audi costs more and goes faster anyways!". I noticed no one is around, empty highway. I slammed the gas and caught up to the Audi and blew right past him, even though he was a few car lengths ahead, no problem. I know this wasn't a real race or anything, but the look on his face was priceless. He looked like he needed to go home and change his underwear. Now this is why I can't even wait to get my hands on a Viggen. Yeah Saab!

I also got into a similar tangle with a 325i and that guy looked really shocked, too. I kept with him easy, but I eased off as the speed got to be too much... Oh and I also was smart enough to notice we were coming up on a Crown Vic with big lights in the rear windshield so I let the BMW "win"... the BMW guy blew right past an unmarked car doing at least 95. Then I got to pass him for good as he was getting pulled over. Sucks to be him!

·
Administrator
668 Posts
lol nice job man.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Did you catch the badge on the A6?

Recently they've been available with 220 hp 3.0 litre v6, 265 hp 2.7 litre twin turbo v6, or 300 hp 4.2 litre v8's.

·
10,303 Posts
I came across one of the 2.7 Ts in Oneida one afternoon last summer. Pulled out in front of me, and I'll be darned if it didn't let me ride its ass for it. :roll:

·
Registered
546 Posts
abdukted1456 needs your license plate frame Tweek.
:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks, but I like my custom plate frame. I made it from a NEUSPEED frame.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I don't remember how it was badged, but the guy driving it was a big time snotty LOSER. He obviously didn't think much of Saabs until his big German sedan got OWNED.

haha! I love those license plate frames!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had a few ideas running through my head for a custom license plate frame. SO far this is what I got. Its a beginners try.

Sophistication

Now Has Teeth

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Osiris said:
I had a few ideas running through my head for a custom license plate frame. SO far this is what I got. Its a beginners try.

Sophistication

Now Has Teeth
I like that one!

IIRC the one that you can't see had said "this Saab eats BMWs and shits Audis"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts