Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im soon to be getting 00 HOT T7 car and well i come from a 98 T5 car so i know there is gonna be a few differences. And i did search a few threads to check mod compatibility but still not 100% sure.

Can i use my open air intake from my t5 on a t7?

Can i run a catch can on t7

Can you run a blow off valve if you get a t7 tune set to lower the MAF request?

And lastly can you run the t5s aluminum charge pipe in replace of the plasticy t7 pipe.

i feel like a noob

·
Registered
671 Posts
So im soon to be getting 00 HOT T7 car and well i come from a 98 T5 car so i know there is gonna be a few differences. And i did search a few threads to check mod compatibility but still not 100% sure.Can i use my open air intake from my t5 on a t7?
If it fits as mountings, (i.e. an open air intake from a 900NG, not a 9000), then it should be fine.

Can i run a catch can on t7
I am pretty sure it can be used...

Can you run a blow off valve if you get a t7 tune set to lower the MAF request?
NOPE! Recirculating valve only! Otherwise, CEL up and engine down ;)

And lastly can you run the t5s aluminum charge pipe in replace of the plasticy t7 pipe.
Basically, yes (with the required adaptations for hoses, but there is no reason, except bling-factor. The aluminum delivery pipe will get heat-soaked pretty much, compared with the stock plastic T7 one!
Search a little here, there are even some graphs ;)

i feel like a noob
m2 ;)

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
All your intake questions are able to be answered with a yes, as long as the MAF stays intact.

G.S. T5 and T7 have different intake/heat shield design. And keep in mind the T5 and T7 compressor housings are different.

T5 charge pipe might fit, but even Nick says that the plastic one is good for 350-400hp.

Also look at the T7 sticky.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
At least on 9-5's, they have catch cans stock. I don't know if that is just a PCV 6 thing or not.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if i run a catch can on a t7 its not gonna get mad and blow up my engine

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
So if i run a catch can on a t7 its not gonna get mad and blow up my engine
No, as long as the catch can is a completely closed system. You cannot have a breather filter on it and can only run it as a closed loop to retain the metered air within the system.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can i run a 3inch downpipe on t7 with no tune? also i think the cat on it is going bad and have been told it will throw a code every once in a while. Should i hold off from putting it on? eventually i will t7 tune and have the rear 02 shut off.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
From wat I understand when cats go bad they either become clogged or collapse internally and become clogged. Hence higher back pressure.

Option 3 is to have the cat gutted perhaps?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Take a rod and bust all the stuff inside of it out.
haha, yes indeed. Be careful though, I know around these parts getting caught with a gutted cat is significantly worse than being caught with no cat at all...of course, they'd have to have reason to verify the cat was indeed hollowed out. Personally, I'd just run a hiflow and be done with it.

Chris

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
back on topic a little. With a gutted cat and 3inch downpipe will t7 give me problems without a tune. Yes or No.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You can add most hardware to T7 cars without much ill effect (not including injectors/cams/turbos) just don't expect to see much, if any, gains from them till you get a tune.

·
Super Moderator
6,730 Posts
You can add most hardware to T7 cars without much ill effect (not including injectors/cams/turbos) just don't expect to see much, if any, gains from them till you get a tune.
Yeah, it's just the no cat = CEL thing that you will see eventually. A tune enables maximum usage of your new expensive hardware!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts