Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a Volvo TD04HL-16T in the garage, decent condition, little shaft play. T3 flange, 7cm2 exhaust housing. Volvo part 1275663, from a T5-R model.

Tested a Saab TD04 exhaust housing on it - perfect fit. All banjos match our configuration. Anyone needs it? I can ship just the cartridge if you want to save on shipping. Make a reasonable offer.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Needs a custom DP made - the bend it a little different. But yes - you COULD install and run it with a proper tune on stock injectors - but there is room to improve with larger injectors and a better tune with this turbo - I sold one to adshaft, they are nice - but require more time and patients to make it operate as it should. Not hard - just time.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Needs a custom DP made - the bend it a little different. But yes - you COULD install and run it with a proper tune on stock injectors - but there is room to improve with larger injectors and a better tune with this turbo - I sold one to adshaft, they are nice - but require more time and patients to make it operate as it should. Not hard - just time.
If you read what DIP said he tested a saab exhaust housing on one and it bolted right up... so how/why would you need to get a custom downpipe?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
well - if you install it on a 9-3 or 9-5 I guess that's the easy route! I've seen these on c900's and heard of them on a 9000 before too. Might work with a 9000 like described. I think the intake housing and exhaust housing are what helps make the 16T what it is however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts