Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ported it today (no school) i noticed a very slight difference in spool up time
i also just ordered a sway bar, clear side indicators and a Haynes manual

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nicely done. Did you remove the silencer yet? After you remove it you will notice a nice whine whenever your turbo spools.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
next sunday i am meeting up with our local VW group, in which i am a part of, for a mod day, so im bringin my haynes manual (if i get it by then) my sway bar, and i will remove the silencer then, along with do the DIY intake upgrade

Brian

·
Registered
251 Posts
can u do this on T7 cars?????

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yeah removing the silencer was a good mod on my T5...no you cant do it to a T7 at least i dont think so..i have not found it yet..if there is...acctually i am gunna look again...

i wish the haynes manual was out for the T7 cars already!

·
Registered
251 Posts
what about the throttle body porting?

·
Registered
251 Posts
how long does it take and how much gain do u get?

·
10,303 Posts
It was $75 and I put it on with the new intercooler and Turbo, So I have no idea. When I sent it out, I also sent out my turbo intake transition for the same treatment.

·
10,303 Posts
http://www.extrudehone.com/

Extrude Hone Headquarters Get Map
1 Industry Blvd.
P.O. Box 1000
Irwin, PA 15642
USA
1-800-367-1109 Extrude Hone
1-800-613-0983 Service
PA: 724-863-5900
FAX: 724-863-8759
E-mail: [email protected]

Just tell them the same treatment as Ben Hinkle. I should be on file. FInd out how long its gonna take tho..and if the price is less if they kept the machine adapter parts.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Phil said:
porting the throttle body wont set off a check engine light?//?
Nooo not at all..it just helps the airflow. Why would it set off a CEL?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Phil said:
i would think it would from the computer noticing that much air coming in, but i guess not
The only sensor that would notice anything at all is the MAP sensor, which would only notice the quicker rise in pressure, and the computer wouldn't really care about that at all, since it only cares about max pressure, not time deltas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts