·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:

I own: 1999 9-3

I recently bought a talladega lip w/bumper:

My question is:

Can I use the talladega lip on a 9-3 bumper? Or do I have to use a 900 bumper?

I can do a repaint on the whole 900 bumper/lip setup, but figured it would be easier/cheaper to just do the lip swap, if possible. Anybody have any specific experience or knowledge about this.

Gracias!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you need the 900 bumper.
I have the whole setup, so I guess I'll just get it ready to paint and install when the weather gets a little nicer.

Anybody know if the bumper mounting is the same for 900 and 9-3 bumpers? If it's plug and play, I'll definitely do the swap, along with doing a monotone cayenne all along the car's trim. If not, and it's an annoying/difficult swap back to 900 style, you'll see it in the FS thread asap! lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
9-3 bumpers went right on my 900, so it should be just as easy the other way around.

·
Registered
811 Posts
why don't you go with one of the those ITR lips people get off ebay... those look just as good and allow you to keep the 9-3 bumper?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah forgot to mention that. They are different. You should be able to find some pretty easy though.
Possible to cut the liners to match? If not, I can get some used ones easily.

Also, found a picture of a cayenne red talladega and did some photoshopping:

Stock:

crappy photoshop'd pic, but it gives one an idea...body colored door and lower moldings w/blacked out grille. I might go for this scheme, but undecided right now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think the 9-3 liners are bigger where it connects to the bumper so you should be able to trim some off to fit them.
That's exactly what you do. If you by a new pair of fender liners at the dealer, they're made to fit the 9-3 as-is, but have lines molded on the back where you cut them to fit a 900. I don't know if the production liners for a 9-3 had those lines, but they may have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts